A sure sign the End is Near....

by King Solomon 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yada said:

You asked him what the difference is between a parable and a prophecy re the faithful and discreet slave? What an odd/dumb thing to ask him, no wonder the dude couldn't answer.

Well, I think he did know, just that he'd never thought about it like that. And being that the FDS parable is the very cornerstone of Brooklyn's claim to exercise sole authority over JWs, it's not exactly like it's some boring irrelevant theological squabble over interpretation....

So, in all fairness to this guy (I'd guess he was in his mid-to late 40's), I checked the other pix I took a few minutes before, and see in this one he apparently DID buy a cup of coffee (or, at least he had a cup sitting there...). Not sure, but I think he's reading one of the WT publications in this shot....

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Well at least he did purchase something to drink. I'd feel rude setting up shop at an established place of business without at least supporting that business.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

The worst part about it is that it isn't even clear that he is trying to "witness" to people. Judging by your post....he didn't directly engage anyone in conversation. He didn't have a sign up. Most people probably walked right past him....not taking any more notice than I do with someone that is reading the newspaper at a table. It is a shame he thinks he has to earn his everlasting life by doing this

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The worst part about it is that it isn't even clear that he is trying to "witness" to people. Judging by your post....he didn't directly engage anyone in conversation. He didn't have a sign up. Most people probably walked right past him....not taking any more notice than I do with someone that is reading the newspaper at a table. It is a shame he thinks he has to earn his everlasting life by doing this.

Or, maybe he has his doubts, and hence is half-heartedly going thru the motions to make it more tolerable, in the off-chance that there's no pay-off in the end? Worst-case scenario is he spent a few hours sitting at Starbucks, doing what everyone else does there, except he's not reading a paper (or is he? Who knows what's stashed behind what he's "reading").

I think that pretty much may describe the rationalization which may be offered by those engaging in the witnessing activities reported in the thread....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit