A sure sign the End is Near....

by King Solomon 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Reminds me of the ladies I see in the fairly big "downtown" area I work in.

2 60-ish women, evidently pioneers, sitting on a bench, holding magazines at arm's length away from them.

No eye contact with passersby, no attempts to start conversations, no effort to "place" the magazines - in fact, they are most often deep in conversation with themselves.

They also occasionally engage in the exact same method on one of the "sky bridges" connecting office buildings. Seated on the ledge, magazines in their laps, staring into space or talking with each other.

I shouldn't make fun, their methods evidently do have some success - I do see the occasional homeless guy shuffling along swatting flies with a rolled up Watchtower.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Y'know...

That guy is the right age and appearance to be an elder...

Must be an easy way to put in the requisite 10 hours a month.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

My washing machine is broken so I had to go to a laundrymat the other day. Sho 'nuff! I saw a WT and AWAKE! lying on a table. They weren't back issues, either! They were the newest ones! Have JWs changed their policy on that? In my old hall, only older mags were left behind as "time counters" at break. Oh well... I did my public service by removing them. And it couldn't have been at a better time because I had JW relatives come to town for a visit and no one knows about my fade. Seeing them lying on my ottoman squelched any doubts they had about me.

• startingover
  • ziddina
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am old enough to remember when the WT began to push "Street Work" (sounds like something "Ladies of the Night" do) , as amethod it had fallen in to almost total disuse here in the U.K, certainly JW's in rural areas felt it was not possible or practical for them, but were proved wrong.

The majority of JW's were not comfortable at all with it, they preferred pretending to knock on doors, many of which would be genuine N.H's anyway.We had a C.O who openly said he hated Street Work.

It is evident that JW's, if forced in to this kind of activity rather than door knocking, will soon adopt methods equivalent to the Silent Knocking technique, their Public Ministry as they call it will thus thankfully not be as effective as it could have been, it is a way of marketing not totally without success if done properly.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You asked him what the difference is between a parable and a prophecy re the faithful and discreet slave? What an odd/dumb thing to ask him, no wonder the dude couldn't answer.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

When my son was in 5th grade raising money to go to washington dc, we were stationed with permission outside a food store with a table and candy for sale. every day we were there there was a jw sitting on the bench near us with a mag sitting on top of his book bag. i never once saw him speak to anyone. he watched his watch closely and was picked up at precisely four pm every afternoon. he actually looked relieved that nobody spoke to him but his countenance was anything BUT approachable or friendly for the four hours he sat there...no one was saved by THAT pioneer. I hope actually that ALL pioneers are as enthsiastic as he was LOL!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

but he doesnt have on a suit coat?!? how can he be a witness of jehovah and not have a suit coat on while witnessing in 90 degree heat?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Dang! Why didn't I ever think of this when I was pioneering? scr

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit