New to the forum. Just wanted to say hi.

by WalkTheWalk 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you're free of the WTBS but it does sound as if you've found yourself stuck in an isolated no mans land without friends or much support. Is that the way you want it or are you both struggling to mix in the 'world'? If its the latter, don't be, there are some fine people to befriend.

Loz x

Edited to add: Its just a question of making the first moves to build a new life.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

WELCOME WalkTW, if you feel like it, just ask away about the things that do actually bother you about the WT, and your wife too, which will no doubt be differnt points to yours.

The good folk on here will answer you queries, and direct you to further info.

An excellent resource is JWFacts.com, well written and researched articles, easy to read, just pick your subject.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James
    I am a logical thinker, but not a philisophical thinker. I have studied their doctrines and prophecies. I do notice that they tend to change the meaning of them and say the "Light" gets brighter and brighter. Translation to me: "We don't know what the hell is going on, so we'll give it the best guess" and we have to put faith in those words.

Yup - very funny and very true.

And these clowns really believe that their God is going to kill everybody on earth except for them over these ever-changing beliefs.

• Glander
    Glander

Welcome. Please join in or just sit back and enjoy the very diverse comments of XJW's of every imaginable past and present life situation.

Reading between the lines of your opening post, it seems that your wife might be somewhat 'blowing in the wind". As many posters here seem to be. Staying in limbo can be tempting for some folks. Especially those who would have to go through close family/friends crises. I would think long and hard before I would tell her it was her decision and that you would go back if she wanted you to.

Best wishes in getting her out with you.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Welcome aboard!

Interesting name you picked, as it's not just about talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Sounds like you lost the gumption to "talk the talk", when you know it's not the ONLY talk out there.

I suspect there's many more out there just like you, JWs who are FORCED to tell others a message they don't believe, as in their hearts they KNOW there's no logical reason to claim certainty over possessing absolute truths (and in fact, there's alot of reason to suspect JWs are WRONG on much, i.e. 1975, 'Last Generation", etc.)....

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome WalktheWalk. Good to have you here.

• youngbro
    youngbro

Greetings.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. Gayler already suggested reading CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE. It would be a great help. Anyway, hope the best for you and we will see you around here.

• WalkTheWalk
    WalkTheWalk

Thanks to all of you for the welcome. LOL, it kind of feels like when you step into a new hall... all warm and fuzzy.

The only difference is, at the hall, the honeymoon is over at the first Amen!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit