New to the forum. Just wanted to say hi.

by WalkTheWalk 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"I agree with most of the principals, but I have a hard time with feeling like there are requirements and stipulations to properly be accepted and looked upon as a good person."

Welcome! Living your life according to the standards set forth in the bible can be a good thing. But that's the point. The society are nothing more than modern day pharisees. Living your life up to standards set forth in the bible isn't good enough for them. You must submit to ALL of their teachings, dictates and rules......whether the bible clearly supports them or not.

You can be a good person and still live your life according to biblical principles......but without subjecting yourself to the mind control techniques of this cult

• Emery
    Emery

Welcome! I'm always glad to know that we are not alone.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome! I strongly recommend Crisis of Conscience, as others have.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome. There's no painless way through this, but you get to choose what you do and when. You wouldn't be the first - nor the last - individual to do a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, and that's just you. You've also got a life mate, your wife, to consider. I've seen one spouse turn completely against the other as soon as there's the slightest whiff of independent thinking - known in some circles as the 'A' word (shhhhhhh, 'apostasy' ). Somehow, people'have greater tolerance for missing meetings and quietly fading but as soon as they think they're being made to re-think things, they run for cover.

That said, once the brain cells spark the awareness that all is not as 'truth' oriented as it seems, you're never ever the same again. Take your time. Unlike the JWs and other end-times religions, don't let fear drive your thinking and your decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit