Cataloging the damage of the Watchower in my life

by Aussie Oz 21 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Aussie Oz- It's sad and amazing to read the effect the cult had on your family. The horrible truth cannot be denied when it's in black and white, there for the world to see. To write and to share it, I think is a good step in the way of healing. I am sorry for all you have suffered.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Aussie Oz...and to All of the others and myself.....

(((((((((hugs)))))))) (((((((((hugs))))))))) ((((((((hugs))))))))

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There are a couple of JWs on my property right now. Better here than on the street recruiting for new victims.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

(((Aussie))) This cult is guilty of ruining many, many families. It is good that you have been able to write it all down. I found that keeping a journal after I left helped. Putting into words what we feel can be very helpful. I hope you can find a therapist or someone who will patiently listen to your feelings of hurt and anger. It takes a while to talk it all out. It took me months of saying pretty much the same thing over and over to finally get through it.

Suicidal thoughts are not uncommon (been there)...just try to remember that without your influence in their lives, your children will likely end up in the same situation you find yourself in. You have been making progress with them. Only you can show them what a normal life can be. -Leslie-

• smiddy
    smiddy

That sucks Aussie , truly ! some people have really shitty lives at the expense of this cult , I hope things work out for you in the future.

smiddy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hey all!

what an rotten bunch they are, so much devestation around the world.

please be assured i am all ok though! I did my time with proffesional help, had a few shoulders to cry on over the years and have emerged pretty darn well considering. Interestingly, it was talking to my kids about theire journey that made me realize the three generations of trouble at their hand.

That list was not exhaustive and i didnt mention how they have left the only remaining JW in the family: Fully able and mentally equipped, waiting to die because she is tired. My mother has maybe another 20 years left in her but she wont make it, she has given up on life and just wants to wake up in the 'new system'

theives.

Oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The JWs I had here today have lived through several failed WT Doomsday dates and have no idea how damaged they appear to be to an ex-JW observer.

Getting old now, they knew many of my early JW family members. I have no idea how much they knew about me and my relationship with the bOrg and I wasn't about to enlighten them. Theocratic Warfare works both ways.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I do not think I could add anything to your list as it spells out exactly what I went through expect I did not have kids. OMG I just cannot even begin to understand the hell of what that must be like. I am so sorry for you and your kids.

I too just HATE this religion and what it has done to my life, and so many others. I too tell everyone who will listen that it is a CULT and to run from them not walk when they met a JW. They are such a cult but appear so sweet at first that people will tell me that I must be wrong the JW's they know are so NICE. So many people do not want to hear it it makes me so sad.

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

AUSSIE OZ- Amen brother. Been through many of the things you mentioned as well. I hate this cult and WT organization with every fiber in my body. I do everything I can to make people aware of just how dangerous an organization it is. Hang in there friend

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Aussie, it is great to hear that despite the horrors of life in the cult you are surviving quite well. The best thing is that your children will not carry on the misery of life as a JW. You have been instramental in helping them to think critically. Good work! Many of our mothers have been manipulated by the Watchtower yet will refuse to live life any other way. To me it's as if they are drowning but refuse to get in the life raft because it isn't comfortable or familiar. ****sigh****

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit