Cataloging the damage of the Watchower in my life

by Aussie Oz 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

1. Jehovah's Witnesses interferance in my parents marriage leading to Mother rejecting Father who could not come at the teachings.

2. My mother taking us 500km away from father to start a new life with a much older JW man just after armageddon didnt come in 75...for teaching us that he was evil and deserved to be killed by god.

3. Bullying at school for being a JW, resulting in only one friend all through school and learning little social interaction. Leading to leaving early with no education beyond year 10.

4. Marrying way to young for love?...

5. Making me feel like a demon for being human.

6. Rejection by all friends and wife because i couldn't stick it.

7. Not going back to wife because of rejection, nervous breakdown by freeing wife and believing i was now doomed to die.

8. Almost leaving my childrens lives by both suicide and disapearing.

9. Wifes support by WT to force me out of their lives and for coaching her to do this. For teaching her that this was morally ok.

10. Sons extreme emotional trauma over the above and over wanting to be normal teen.

11. Daughters extreme emotional trauma over not being accepted by her mother and step father & being told she was a bad example to younger syblings..

12. Daughters stress over having to choose a new home.

13. My staying an apogist for far to many years, and too much time spent with the WT in my head

14. My having to focus too much energy deprograming my kids.

Watchtower, Jehovah's Witnesses...I loathe you both and you will never be welcome on my property, one day i will be free from you. One day my kids will be free and i will forget you. Till then, i will revel in every scandle that you get into and will always bad mouth you to the public.

Oz

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Aussie Oz!

They have also left a laundry list of damage in my family (including suicide and incestuous rape).

I am however very grateful to be free of them and going in an opposite direction.

I had a lot of benefit from seeing good Psychologists, and attending the cult conference at parliament house Brisbane in 2010.

I pray for respite for you and yours on your life's journey.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Aussie, both for getting where you are today, and unpacking all the hurt done to you by the WT/JW's.

I have recently gone through a similar exercise with the help of a Therapist, she enabled me to see that the anger I felt for all the hurt was suppressed by me, I cannot change the past after all, and resulted in depression.

To unpack it all, look at it, see why I have anger, then pack the past away, but channel my anger against the WT has been good for me, I see it as necessary for me that I continue to fight the WT in any way I can so the anger has somewhere to go.

Good luck to you and the kids, you are all going to be O.K

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It does suck, my brother. We are at similar points in our lives (my kids aren't teens yet), hence I follow your story with great interest. I've had some small victories with my kids, they now read books JW frown upon, they have decided there is in fact nothing wrong with Black Sabbath, that Ozzy is cool and not a Satan worshipper but a musician with an act and his music is pretty damn awesome. It's not much, but it's a start. I offer them freedom and love, the JW's offer constraint and petty rules.

• zeb
    zeb

you poor sod.

See your doctor to get a referral to a mental health expert. I mean a Psychiatrist.! Dont be afraid to take some medication if prescribed.

gather your kids around for BBQ and do it often. Give lots of love and be a warm part of their lives.

when you arte together make a point of not talking about your selfish deranged mother or all things WT. Dont get into arguments with jw or relatives as this is tearing at the wounds. They will heal suffice that you can move through life well and be a loving productive person in your own right.Unlike your mother and so many in the 'truth' who have never developed as people are immature, and it goes with hardly need to say ill or nil educated.

Tragically what is done is done.. be the new you and reach out to others in your sphere, do random acts of kindness.

Imagine a blue light ( this is not wierd stuff) around you that only lets in the positive. Any neg stuff comes into the light imagine it burning up like a meteorite.

Imagine an old fella giving you a big hug.. thats me.

• moshe
    moshe
    I loathe you both and you will never be welcome on my property

The elders and the JWs at the KH sure pushed my wife into getting a divorce--

JWs just don't get no respect anymore--

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ent. Poss said getting his kids to appreciate Black Sabbath and Effin Ozzie was "... not much, but it's a start ".

I think it is Awesome ! you have taught them to think and make decisions for themselves, and you have changed their culture, from one of being GB dictated, to one of their own choosing, I think that is a brilliantly subversive way of setting your kids on the right road, well done !

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Reading all these posts just drives home the point about how damaging and life-altering this religion actually is. This cannot be underestimated. I wasn't even a born-in but joined as a young adult. I, at least, had a somewhat normal childhood with holidays and birthdays. But, I still have some emotional baggage from the religion, as does anybody who was in it for any length of time.

For every story about somebody who was supposedly "saved" from a life of immorality, drugs etc. by joining the religion, there are untold stories and examples, as shown above, of people whose lives were messed up by the religion.

Sadly, this is something that the general public just cannot conceive of when these clean-cut people come knocking on their doors! While they may be perceived as ignorant and annoying (which they are), the real story is far worse. Unfortunately, you have to experience it OR be close to somebody who is experiencing it to even relate.

• Nambo
    Nambo

My marriageable years given to the Watchtower, as I wasnt of the correct Caste I exited single, now forever on the shelf.

A broken heart, despite the faults of the religion, the Sisters were far prettier and well natured than any "worldly girl" I ever had the oppurtunity to meet, having lost my heart to one, I despair of ever finding a girl even half as nice in the outside world.

My lovely House in a lovely area, sold that to persue Kingdom Interests, now have a pokey flat I hate and price rises have put my previous life way out of reach.

Lots of money, I had standing orders to contribute to two congreagations, but thats debateable if it counts as "treasures in Heaven, as I did feel I was donating to God, so the thought was there.

Some very valuable and rare Motorcycles I sold when I became a dub.

Apart from that, I did gain a lot from my dubbery.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

So sorry Aussie! You have been through a lot.

The cult raped us all - some more than others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit