Why Is My Sister Accusing Me Of Apostasy? (new guy here)

by HelpMeBelieve 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

SBF said:

Are you an apostate? You are on an apostate site. Maybe you gave something away. People can be surprisingly perceptive sometimes, even JWs.

Who said this IS an apostate site? Is that in the mission statement here? Lemme check:

Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum

The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!

Nope, nothing about it up there... So why the heck do some insist that this forum is an "apostate site", as if accepting someone else's definition or labellng when you didn't agree to being labelled as such?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I use the word apostate as shorthand. I don't agree with the Watchtower's categories either. I could have said: "are you sure you are not in fact someone who the Watchtower would call apostate? You are on a website that they would likely call an apostate site after all."

Maybe my reluctance to put it that way in the first place is because I am sceptical about reality/appearance distinctions generally, although in this instance it has its uses.

Plus I can't help seeing the funny side of someone using this site of all places to protest being called apostate. It's a bit like phoning someone up to tell them you don't want to talk on the phone.

• whathappened
    whathappened

HelpMeBelieve, welcome to the group. You will find more support here than you will ever find at any Kingdom Hall anywhere in the world. Time will take care of this situation. If your sister is truly the person you descibe, I wouldn't worry about what she is saying about you.

• sizemik
    sizemik

HelpMeBelieve . . . welcome.

Your user name suggests that you are struggling with more than just your sisters very poor behaviour, as if that is not enough.

The implications of not remaining an active witness are beginning to reveal themselves to you. No doubt your faith in God is also in a bit of a crisis.

The one single mantra of JW's that has any value at all is the call to be a "lover of truth." I encourage you to put aside your preconceptions and biases, including much of what you've been taught, and engage in an honest pursuit of the truth. It's not easy . . . but the rewards are definitely worth it. Is it not what God would have you do?

Remain positive . . . and use this place, it can be very helpful.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome HelpMeBelieve.....

You have come to the right place for the support you need to deal with this. Many here have experienced what you have. There is a lot of wisdom and genuine love on this forum unlike the kingdom hall.

It sounds like you have a few issues going on...take your time. Make yourself at home here...

[edited to say] by the way, YOU cannot stumble anyone, we are all responsible for our own actions and reactions. You have seen the truth about the truth. They have not opened their eyes yet so cannot see what you see.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, welcome to the board...

You might want to look up the term "hypocrite"...

However, from things I've observed, hypocrisy in religious leaders tends to breed hypocrisy in their followers.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well since they think that someone who disagrees with the Governing Body is more evil than Hitler, it is not surprising that your sister can point a finger in spite of her own double life. Rape, murder, kidnapping, drugs, molestation----none of these are as serious as apostasy to these people. And apostasy is disagreeing with the Governing Body----no matter how many times they flip-flop or the fact that your position this year could very well be the position THEY hold next year.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh, and WELCOME! I was too caught up on my soapbox and forgot to add that!

• Scully
    Scully

People who focus on and berate the perceived failings of others are usually hoping that in so doing nobody will notice their own shortcomings.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Don't let your sister or anyone else drive you crazy with their judgmentalism. Watchtower is Apostasy Incorporated. Anybody still advocating WT teachings of 1919 would be DFd for apostasy.

I'm glad I've got my sisters instead of yours. We celebrate stuff together now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit