Mexico. JWs up 42% in 10 Years

by Joker10 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Weana
    Weana

the figures given by joker10 are absolutely correct. I don't understand those attacks. Why are you so close-minded? You could easily check those numbers! Set aside your prejudices and "Face the Facts!"

see: www.inegi.org.mx

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

LostGeneration the fact that there are fewer Mormons in the census figures than the official Mormon figures comes as no surprise. This happens every time census figures from any country are compared with official Mormon numbers. This is because they inflate their numbers by generally counting everyone who has ever been baptised as a Mormon as a member of the church. The only way to get removed from the membership list is to write a letter to the church asking not to be counted as a member any more.

So although the Mormon church claims 13 millions members worldwide, with activity rates (their term for active membership) estimated anywhere around 20 to 40%, their active membership worldwide is probably 5 million or less. Census returns, like the one Joker presented, support this conclusion, and suggest real membership at the lower end of that estimate.

• Joker10
    Joker10

LostGeneration, the data is from the Mexico Census. The links that that you give are based on the numbers that the LDS gives out--all inflated and not even a good estimate of the true numbers.

slimboyfat, not all congregations are listed on the JW website. I've taken a look and I notice that several KHs in California and Kansas are missing, including some newly built ones. The list on other countries is also less complete. Congregations that don't meet at a Kingdom Hall are also left out.

steve2, sometimes you cant take OUTLAW's wit and sarcasm serious.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Joker maybe you could put up the figures from the Canadian census next.

If I recall correctly it shows a decrease.

• Diest
    Diest

I love you cedars, but you should have nugget narate your vids.....such a smooooth voice.

PS Ads on your vids when you watch it from the site...whats up with that...did they just do it too you or did you sign up to monitize your stuff.

• traveb
    traveb

How are the statistics exaggerated or made up? I thought it was established that the WTS only counts active publishers while these secular surveys (like the Pew forms ones) count everyone who is associated with JW's.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LostGeneration, the data is from the Mexico Census. The links that that you give are based on the numbers that the LDS gives out--all inflated and not even a good estimate of the true numbers.

So the Mexicans undercount the number of Mormons (by about 60%) according to your numbers (which you still haven't explained, even though "mothers" numbers are much smaller), and they overcount the JWs by 100%? Why don't you provide a few links for this supposed "census", otherwise I will continue to call Bullshit.

• cedars
    cedars

Diest

you should have nugget narate your vids.....such a smooooth voice.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, this video was produced before I became aware of nugget's talents! I'll be giving her a call for the next one that has any dialogue.

PS Ads on your vids when you watch it from the site...whats up with that...did they just do it too you or did you sign up to monitize your stuff.

Yes, that is weird. I'm not sure what YouTube is playing at. I know on the Anthony Morris videos they use the strange logic "you've used copyrighted material (music), so therefore we get to show ads".

Cedars

• Joker10
    Joker10

LostGeneration,

Weana, slimboyfat and traveb answered your questions. Read!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Joker's statistics are from census returns. Calling them exaggerated and made up is just stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit