Mexico. JWs up 42% in 10 Years

by Joker10 53 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Again I wonder how this compares with the Mormons.

2% of the population attend the Memorial in Mexico which I think is pretty amazing.

There was a curious drop in the number of congregations in Mexico a few years ago. I wonder why that was, I have not heard an explanation or even speculation about it.

• cedars
    cedars

The sustained annual growth of 4% in Mexico is fairly consistent with a population that has only 30% internet penetration.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The United States had growth of 3% last year, and must be among the most Internet connected countries in the world.

• sir82
    sir82

The 3% US growth is almost certainly primarily from Spanish-language congregations, and the growth there is almost entirely from recent 3rd-world immigrants (both JWs moving in and conversions from the 'field').

At an elders school I attended about 6 years ago, the comment was made that fully 25% of the JWs in the USA were in Spanish-language congregations. I'm virtually certain the percentage is significantly higher now.

Recent 3rd world immigrants don't move to the US and instantly become internet-savvy.

From my perspective the English language congregations are actually in decline in most areas.

The point about the internet is still valid - those exposed to the internet are far less likely to become, or remain, JWs.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There are probably a fair number of English congregations in Mexico too.

• sir82
    sir82

25% of the congregations in Mexico? Hardly.

Probably a few dozen at most. Mostly filled with American retirees who preach to other American retirees. Not exactly a fruitful field.

• cedars
    cedars

The United States had growth of 3% last year, and must be among the most Internet connected countries in the world.

The exact growth figure was actually 2.68% (rounded up to 3%), and the United States is fairly unique in that it is the birthplace of the religion.

Cedars

• Joker10
    Joker10

slimboyfat, here are the Mormon numbers. Population 5 years and older.

Year 20002010%
    Total 205,229302,02047.2%
    Population 84,794,454106,427,63625.5%
    Ratio, One Mormon to:413352
  • cedars
    cedars

Thanks Joker10 - do you have the census info for any arab or communist countries, or are they not as important as countries in the Americas?

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Joker10 has nothing to say about his bogus numbers?..

Tsk..tsk..tsk..

It`s a terrible thing when your own Lying WBT$ JW Cult..

Proves You Wrong..

Unless Joker10 can Prove the WBT$ is Lying..

........................mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit