The Decline of Elders and Ministerial Servants

by Londo111 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The standards are subjective for each KH. We know that it doesn't really matter who you are or what you do privately. If you get the congregation average or above you will be recomended for appointment. The problem fot them is that more and more are done reaching for the brass ring and hitting the glass ceiling. If you are a brother and stress out and reach out and kiss butt, then what is your reward? More free labor and more of your life sucked out of you for the Borg. Why would any but the most ignorant and indoctrinated want to reach out? I quit worrying about it around the time I really started waking up to the TTATT. As time goes on more and more scandals will come out, and they will continue to lose support and money. I think the next year is going to be full of shake-ups and I will be thrilled to never have been considered worthy enough for an appointment.

• man oh man
    man oh man

There are plenty of brothers in my hall that qualify according to the scriptures. WT only wants yes men that set the example doing whatever the borg says even if the bible does not teach such as important. The most actual spiritual men I know have no priviledges at all. They are to smart to go there.

• perfect1
    perfect1

This explains my uncle's recent appointment.

• Splash
    Splash

My hall hasnt had an elder appointed for 16 years.

Lots of MS's though.

In that time we'v lost 3 elders to old age and most are now in their 70's, with others in their 60's or 80's.

One is in his 40's and has been appointed 20 years.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The one thing I note is that usually there are more elders than ministerial servants, not the other way around. Therefore, the pool from which to select is very slim.

• dozy
    dozy

Anecdotally the numbers & quality seem to be declining. The standard & entry level for ministerial servants , in particular , seems to be set incredibly low. One of the last CO visits I went to , the CO was almost desperate to see anybody appointed.

Just a few examples from my limited recent experience - a few years ago when I was an elder I was assigned a part in the MS day of the Kingdom Ministry school. I expected that there would be mostly younger guys in their 20's but I would guess 80% of the ms in attendance were middle aged or older.

A MS was recently appointed in my old congregation - he is over 70 with a lot of health issues , an ex-alcoholic & incapable of even running a microphone. Nice harmless enough guy but in no way would he have been appointed a few years ago - in fact , I don't think we ever considered him for appointment. Ditto a 17 year old relative of mine who much to his parents joy has just been appointed. Perhaps a look at the guy's facebook page might just have been appropriate before his recommendation.

• mP
    mP

Sulla:

Interesting to observe that the number of Elders is decreasing while the number of Anointed is increasing. That seems a little odd.

mP:

Maybe if they added that to be annoited one had to be an elder first they could limit the new increases.

• cofty
    cofty

The borg seem to willing to throw elders under the bus when there are legal issues. If news of what happened in California spreads they will have even more problems finding new mugs to do their bidding.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

cofty, ditto that

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

There's a push in some congregation by the CO's to appoint MS, Elders ect...as was said, it can vary from congregation to congregation...i've been to halls where persons don't meet the FS hours requirements, but are appointed because the congregation doesn't have any other options...so if you're an average joe...you can be recommended. Some congregations are in a bad shape and thus the push for appointments...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit