Request a Free Bible Study

by Darth Rutherford 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

I couldn't help but think... what if we ALL start requesting free Bible studies? Except, of course, send them on wild goose chases? Send them on bogus trips around the territory?

IDK... just thinking out loud... but I think there's an opportunity here for us to have some fun?!

Any ideas? Here's the link to the WT site: https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

Good Hunting!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sounds like a great idea for those not known to the local congregation.

I would ask them to explain a thought provoking topic from the heart. Obviously they'll only be able to do this once they actaually fully understand the topic!

"Legalism" is one of my favourites, as is "ethnocentrism".

The gospel according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and/or Psalms is another.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you sent in multiple requests with different names and addresses, would they pick up on it ? or would the relevant Congo's waste much time and annoy the people they called on before the campaign was looked in to by the W.T?

• Splash
    Splash

It would become a happifying statistic:

"Only one week after releasing the new website we saw an increase in those requesting a Bible study..."

Splash.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh you wicked apostates.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

New York just forwards those addresses to the local congregation... who then have the task of tracking it down.

We could send all the study requests to the local McDonald's or Starbucks... but they already know those addresses! Or give them addresses of those we know who won't put up with the BS at the door. I know a few who would love to chew out a Witness if they come knocking at their door. Send them to the bad parts of town, etc...

Or... I think it would be fun knowing their spending their morning looking for houses out in the country that aren't there. Like snipe hunting. LOL!

It just seems like a golden opportunity to turn their little request-system upside down.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Just so long as it doesn't backfire. Not worth getting yourself into trouble over.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Not sure how it would backfire unless I give them my own address. LOL!

Well... it was just a mischievous/juvenile idea. Something to have a chuckle over.

...You know, how many requests do you think they get from "Sparlock", or "Warrior Wizard"? Ha!

Everyone have a great day!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It might be illegal to impersonate or give out other people's addresses and maybe you could be traced somehow.

Sparlock the warrior wizard may be unlikely to pursue the matter however.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great idea. Anyone already disfellowshipped could give their own address. It would be a great opportunity for an interesting discussion. You would probably only get visit though before being put on the black list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit