Do You Still Have Dreams with JW Scenarios ? My recent Dream- Opinions...

by flipper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

... appreciated ! As some of you know I've been logging my dreams since Dec. of 2010 and am up to 184 pages worth now. Some of them have been disturbing dreams dealing with JW expereiences as I was a JW from birth until age 44 when I exited 9 years ago. I'm interested to hear about dreams you've had regarding your JW experiences , your takes on them in how you perceive their meanings. Also I'd like to hear your opinion of what you think this epic dream I just had a couple nights ago might mean , all opinions welcome ! I'll try to keep this dream relatively short as I can to the point. Here's the dream.

I was dreaming that Mrs. Flipper, myself, my son and older daughter ( a JW in real life , my son & me are inactive ) are at a Circuit assembly together trying to get a seat together, then some JW attendants come and whisk away my son & daughter to another seat location and Mrs. Flipper and I sit alone together. Then the attendants move Mrs. Flipper and me from our back row seats to the front row ! ( Much to our dislike !)

As I'm watching the demonstration on the stage I'm getting irritated at the control being exerted in the demonstration over the young people. The " brother " doing the demonstration is counseling the young people about the dangers of rock n' roll music, reggae music, and blues music saying that Jehovah " hates " such music ! I find myself getting angrier by the minute sitting in the audience - and still wondering where those attendants took my two adult children to.

Then in another dmonstration another " brother " ( this skinny little prick of a dark haired man ) uses an illustration of how electricity is like Satan and he reaches out and TASERS Mrs. Flipper and electrocutes her sitting in her seat ! She is shocked ( quite literally ) and pissed off ! I get mad and he tries to taser me too- then I grab him by his tie and whisper to him, " listen you little prick, you think you can get away with abusing women that way ??!! You have another think coming ! I'm going to talk to you on the lunch break ! "

So I find this guy ( the speaker ) and tell him, " You don't know who you're messing with buddy. My dad was City Overseer for 40 years and you're picking on the wrong person ! I've got an axe to grind with you treating my wife that way and in general how you would treat ANYBODY that way ! Who is your Presiding Overseer ? Who are your elders ? You're going to answer for this ! " ( Meanwhile another JW man had a laughing smirk on his face as I berated this speaker because he didn't like the guy either and must have felt he was getting what he deserved ! )

So I find this guys ( the speaker's ) elders and tell them of how he tasered my wife and we are horribly upset and insulted by this ! And some of the elders come and surround me saying, " Don't worry about what happened to your wife. You should be mORE worried that we are bringing youin for charges of " circumstancial fornication " with your wife before you were married ! " Then the elders took me into a back room right there at the assembly and on my JC committee were Ted Jaracz, my Dad, my older brother , and 10 other elders !

I find my son and he says he will be an eyewitness on my behalf and tesify to support me to verify my innocence. Then I tell my wife and son that we don't NEED to go to the JC meeting- that it's just a fear tactic used by the elders to intimidate us and I tell them " let's get out of this assembly hall and go find my daughter ! We need to get out of this place ! " So we leave to go find my daughter and I wake up from the dream !

Pretty crazy, isn't it ? I felt I learned a couple things from this dream. That I'm still wanting to get my older daughter out of the JW cult. AND that the elders never had as much power over us as we thought, they only had as much power as we gave them. Also that the elders are NOT concerned with important injustices happening among themselves- they just want to torture rank & file publishers .

Anyway- Thanks for listening and reading my crazy dream ! I look forward to any takes you have ! Also, I'd love to hear about your dreams you've had about the Witnesses and see how it affects your opinions as well ! Thanks again, hope you all are doin' well. Peace out to you all, Mr. Flipper

• life is to short
    life is to short

I still have dreams also. Sometimes, most of the times I wake up so upset and I cannot remember much. A lot of them are about Bethel which is strange as being at Bethel was probably the best time of my life as being a JW though there were a lot of problems there I admit it was still the best time for my marriage and it was the least stressful times in the congregation as my husband was not being used so much. But then we did get mugged and there were tons of problems at Bethel its self. Life in this religion was never easy.

In my dreams Bethel becomes so dark and upsetting which I do not get because in real life its not that way. The room we lived in at Bethel had more light then the house we live in now but in my dreams it is always so very, very dark. I just cannot get the lights to turn on also in my dreams I am trapped there. In real life I was not wanted there my overseer told me that to my face they just wanted my husband and I was added baggage to them that cost them money. So I do not know what my dreams mean. I have also had dreams of the elders trying to get me into JC's sometimes they win and I have to go other times I tell them to back off or else I will sue and they do, they become afraid of me and leave me alone. Those time I wake up feeling so powerful.

I wish the dreams would stop as most of the time they are just upsetting.

LITS

• cult classic
    cult classic

YES !!!!

Both Mr CC and I have recurring dreams about our JW life. One of mine is that I'm at a strange function and at first don't recognize anyone there. As the dream progresses, I slowly begin to realize where I am (always a meeting, assembly or convention) and start to recognize lots of JW faces. Throughout the rest of the dream, I struggle to find the exit. The venue invariably grows larger and larger with only dead ends instead of exits. The strangest part of the dream is that I keep a smile on my face and feign friendliness to everyone that I pass by.

I always wake up with my heart pounding and in a cold sweat.

Damn Cult.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Sortof yes I just posted about a similar topic- Dreams with Armaggedon.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/234998/1/Armaggedon-Nightmares

• cult classic
    cult classic

Flipper - Hubby says to tell you that's no dream. 10 elders is a NIGHTMARE!!!!

LITS - Like you, I feel trapped in my JW dreams.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I won't try to "explain" every aspect of your dream because I am no expert, but it seems possible that you have been thinking about JW stuff and learning about JW stuff, you wish you could help your whole family to see the truth about The Truth, but you know the JW's have been able to interfere (take them away from you). You feel like you have a better view, a clearer understanding of the truth about The Truth, it gets you pissed off. They reject your wife and they try to reject you. You don't fully understand their treatment of you and you try to help other JW's see the truth about The Truth, but it gets you nowhere.

The rest is kind of obvious that they treated you wrong and you relive that.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Dreaming about my jw past is a common occurence for me. I have given public talks in my dreams with such detail that would suggest that I could at a moment's notice stand in at any KH on Sunday morning as the out of town speaker.

The dreams I have about going out in service are more like nightmares. I am generally out in service and doing everything I can not to give a service presentation. These dreams are very upsetting.

In any event, I have these dreams once or twice a week.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Mr. Flipper,

I am very glad that you posted this. I thought that I was the only one and it has become annoying.

The strange thing is that I became 5 years ago inactive and since 1 1/2 year I have been out (disassociated myself). Lately this dreaming has begun. I don't come here anymore and don't occupy my mind mit JW stuff and yet I dream every other night about things that are Bethel related. I often dream of people that I had friendship during my Bethel time. I wake up, upset or sad.

Thank you for sharing Mr. Flipper.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Very interesting dream Flipper. I think OTWO is pretty close to it's meaning.

Personally I have very few JW dreams anymore, but when I do they're always the same. I am desperately trying to convince family (even my now deceased parents) TTATT and it always ends the same, nobody listens. I wake up feeling frustrated.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no, none i can remember

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit