How to be happy flopping whoppers part time while pioneering!

by life is to short 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was just thinking the other day why is there not service meeting part like my title says. I mean that would really be helpful to those who totally believe the no collage thing. Since they do not want anyone to have any education why don't they at the very least try to help them to be happy living a life of poverty with service meetings parts, since everyone would be in poverty if they really listened to the FDS.

Like a part on how not to be upset when anther brother buys a new car parks it two blocks from the hall so as not to get door dings in it and rides all day in your car and does not give you a dime for gas. Or how not to be sad and look forward to the future when you really want to have kids while out in service with the elder and his wife who had seven.

I know the answer of course but thinking about it now I realize that even the GB didn't want anyone to really follow their stupid rules. If everyone pioneered and had no kids, no money, etc where would the religion be. The GB are relying on the kids, of the kids who they told not to have kids to support them now.

It is all so crazy.

LITS

• blondie
    blondie

There are times that the headings give a different meaning

Flopping whoppers (tell lies)

while pioneering

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am sorry blondie for the misunderstanding. No that is what I did while I tried to pioneer. Worked part time at fast food. It was hard and I was so depressed but I thought it was my fault because I did not have enough faith in Jehovah. That was why I was so depressed. I really do mean if they could have parts that teach you how to be happy living poor would be the most helpful. But they don't so it really shows that they do not want you to follow what they are saying is what I meant by my post.

LITS

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I know the answer of course but thinking about it now I realize that even the GB didn't want anyone to really follow their stupid rules. If everyone pioneered and had no kids, no money, etc where would the religion be. The GB are relying on the kids, of the kids who they told not to have kids to support them now.
    I know what you mean. I pioneered ten years and looked at the other elders and their wives who had somehow found the time to have lots of children and buy a big house. I wondered how they could do it and not worry about all those people who would die at the big A if we didn't preach to them.

My husband said at elder's meetings when he said things that showed he really believed it all and was sincere about the 'Truth' the other elders would look at him with pity as if to say, 'you poor fool you really believe all this don't you.'

So I know where you're coming from Life is too Short. Glad to know my husband and I were not the only ones who put our money where our mouth was. We had just enough time left to have one baby, so glad we had her!

It's funny I was not popular when I was in for pioneering, being a goody goody, whatever. Now I don't feel popular on this site for saying I really believed it and lived by my convictions. Seems more popular to say you didn't really believe it, thought pioneering was crap and hated all the pioneers. Hey ho! Such is life. Still glad I lived the way I believed. Think it got me out and saved my life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't think Blondie misunderstood. She was pointing out the double meaning that could be used to make this title ironic.

I think there was a time when they wanted "poor" members to feel happy in their low wages by pioneering and giving a small amount of profit from their literature to the organization. But nowadays, they are just unable to say that donations from members outweighs any profits from literature, so they really want upper middle-class members who feel guilty that they are not pioneering and make up for the guilt with money donations.

If not for that guilt, you wouldn't hear anything about pioneering these days. Let's face it. An elderly pioneer sister, they probably break even on the literature she places and the donations she gets and passes on. Hell, they might even lose a buck or two a month from her. But Joe Lowhours and his family, what with his full-time work and the kids and their illnesses and schoolwork causing them to miss a meeting every month, and Mrs. Lowhours causing them to miss a few more with her Chronic Fatigue, but they turn in 3 or 4 hours a month between them and never fail to drop a hundred in the box each month. That's their ideal members.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I know what you mean. I pioneered ten years and looked at the other elders and their wives who had somehow found the time to have lots of children and buy a big house.

To me that seems to say that these good elders don't even believe the BS they are peddling.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Xan: It's funny I was not popular when I was in for pioneering, being a goody goody, whatever. Now I don't feel popular on this site for saying I really believed it and lived by my convictions.

I believed it whole-souled -- hook, line & sinker. Though I did not Reg Pio, I was the go-to Elder who sacrificed my family life and work opportunities to tend to the Cong.

I don't think there is any animosity among others on this board however. MANY were like us. Stupid & gullible & used.

Doc

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah I know many believed it whole-souled like us Doc - that expression's a blast from the past isn't it? I am not so sure about there being no animosity about it on the board. Sadly the ones who make the most noise often want to say that people who worked hard were glory-seekers and hypocrites. Can't tell you how much I resent that. I have never sought glory in my life and I certainly never had any in the cult. Far from it!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How to be happy flopping whoppers part time while pioneering!

There are times that the headings give a different meaning

Flopping whoppers (tell lies).....Blondie

True enough..I thought the thread was about Hamburgers..

...........FLOPPING WHOPPERS..

..Image result for flipping hamburgers...........Image result for whopper hamburger

• sir82
    sir82
    I like it - catchier than "window washers"....JW pioneers are "whopper floppers"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit