How to be happy flopping whoppers part time while pioneering!

by life is to short 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb
    I noticed.."parks it away to avoid door dings". No one who parks at a kh should be in any fear of door damage from any jw actions. If consideration for others was all encompassing that is...
  • fukitol
    fukitol

"..flopping whoppers?" WTF?? You must be Australian and drunk to type that heading.

And I thought you meant flopping your dick out at householders lol.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But the GB HAVE encouraged menial work!

The recent article with the picture of the window cleaner proves that.

So too does the convention interviews with ones in "full time service" working as a checkout operator or lawn mower....

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Xanthippe: Now I don't feel popular on this site for saying I really believed it and lived by my convictions. Seems more popular to say you didn't really believe it, thought pioneering was crap and hated all the pioneers.

I and my wife really believed it and lived by our convictions. We suffered, slaved, and sacrificed. We did menial work and were dirt poor.

I pioneered ten years and looked at the other elders and their wives who had somehow found the time to have lots of children and buy a big house. I wondered how they could do it and not worry about all those people who would die at the big A if we didn't preach to them.

I did the same.

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting thread Life Is Too Short. I too worked part time in the early 1980's to late 1980's in my own self employed business in order to pioneer for 3 years in the early 1980's. As a young man in his 20's I bought into the GB 's BS line - hook, line, and sinker. ( So don't feel bad Xanthippe - you weren't the only one that bought into the false promises of the WT Society ) .

However by 1989 when I turned 30 years old I started questioning the " generation " theory in my own private thoughts without sharing it out loud to my then JW wife as I feared she would rat me out to elders and I'd lose all my family at that time. My children were still very young at that time. I felt 75 years had passed since 1914 and nothing had happened. No " Armageddon," no " Great tribulation ", no nothing. I had been told I'd never have children in " this system " but here I was a 30 year old dad with 3 young children in " this system " working my ass off to pay bills while my then JW wife still pioneered and spent $ 25,000 racking up credit card debt ( for which in 1998 I had to file bankruptcy on when we divorced that year ) .

By 1989 I had stopped " reaching out " for any " positions " and was just in spiritual " cruise control " waiting to see what, if anything, would happen. And that's how I basically played it until I finally exited the Witnesses in 2003. Was briefly DFed in 1998 to 2002 but only came back to the organization due to being SCARED back by the 2001 9-11 attacks. Kicked in my cult mindset thinking " Armageddon " was happening.

Been out since 2003 and I've never been happier. Freedom of mind is a precious thing to possess ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Xanthippe, I was never a 100% true believer, but you are one of my favorite posters here, you're a very thoughtful person. I don't know why you feel unpopular here! I'm a fan :).

and I've got to say I left because I believe in living by my convictions too. It just took me a long time to decide to go forward with my life and stop worrying about being a good girl. I love my parents so leaving was hard to do, I really didn't want to hurt them. But one must live their own life ultimately.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i was always flipping my whopper when i was a teenage pioneer. i think thats why the holy spirit decided i was a lost cause.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you for replying, Magnum. I know many of us slaved away and lived in poverty. It's good to hear from you. Not because I feel ashamed of my genuine belief because I don't know how I could have thought any other way with the information control form birth onward, but because I need to know there were people who thought like me, a purely human response you see. So thanks. Not everyone was a piousneer.

Faye, thank you! It's great to get some feedback. Yes I can understand you not wanting to hurt your parents. I didn't want to hurt my JW mother when I left. I remember her teling me people kept asking her why she was crying in the KH. Not emotional blackmail at all! Living authentically can be hard can't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit