What kinds of food do you like to fix at home?

by Iamallcool 27 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I have a broad and diverse repertoire of recipes from which I draw.

This morning was a breakfast Frittata, last night we had Portobello Mushroom burgers.

I generally cook whatever I'm in the mood to eat!

00DAD

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Tonite, salmon filet on the BBQ (indirect heat with some hickory chips to add a bit of smokey flavor). Some grilled asparagas, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflour and/or whatever veggies we have on hand. Plus a nice salad (tonite, romaine with escarole with some fresh herbs, some toasted sesame seeds, greek olives, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil).

A few slices of lime on each plate and either a bottle of Pinor Grigio or a few bottles of Fosters Lager.

Yes, there is a heaven.

Rub a Dub

• moshe
    moshe

Not too many people know about this yummy breakfast treat- Rice cakes with butter and syrup

2 eggs scrambled , add 1.5 cups of cooked rice and stir well-

spoon into 3 or 4 patties and cook in a pan or griddle until lightly browned, flip and brown the other side-

Finaly, serve with butter and your favorite syrup- For a really hearty breakfast add some cooked & crumbled bacon or sausage to the batter.

• Glander
    Glander

Looks tasty good, Moshe!

Are getting hit by the storm? Hope your high and dry.

If you can't stay dry, get high.

• cofty
    cofty

Tonight I bought a chicken and jointed it. I cooked the breasts in a pan with white wine and tarragon (and drank the rest of the wine) and served with minted new potatoes and french beans.

I made a marinade for the thighs, drumsticks and wings. They are in the fridge for tomorrow.

• talesin
    talesin

I like to fix sweet'n'sour pork ribs, too. Posted the recipe on another thread. It's soooo easy!

1-2 lb. pork ribs (or riblets) 2 c. water 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/4 c. vinegar 1/4 c ketchup 1 T soya sauce Cut the rack of ribs into serving-size portions (one or two ribs per portion), and trim off visible fat. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is falling off the bones.

:)

• talesin
    talesin

Moshe, that looks tasty! Wish I could eat rice, etc.

Why don't you post a recipe for Matzo Brei, it's soooo tasty and easy.

tal

• sherry123
    sherry123

In a crockpot put

Some bonless chicken breasts

1 brick of cream cheese

1 jar of salsa

1 can of drained black beans

Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours and serve over rice or noodles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest