What kinds of food do you like to fix at home?

by Iamallcool 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Talesin, I am going to try this recipe, maybe you will like it too. http://www.mrsdash.com/recipes/Lamb-Chops-Recipe/991

• talesin
    talesin

Ah, I can't eat bell peppers or tomatoes ... so, no.

I'll give you my Irish Stew recipe,, so easy.

1 lb cubed lamb with visible fat trimmed

1 potato, cubed

1 c carrots, sliced

1 c turnip, cubed

1 onion sliced (I use red for sweetnes)

s&p to taste

Heat a tablespoon of fat in a heavy bottom pan,,, brown the lamb on all sides. Add 2 c. boiling water (it will sputter, so stand back), lower the heat and cover - simmer for one hour. Add the veg, and simmer till done. Add s&p to taste.

I make it at night, and let the flavours mingle overnight in the fridge. It's great the second day.

:)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thanks, I really appreciate it. It looks very easy!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

homemade guacamole... avacadoes, cillantro, tomatoes, onion, FRESH jalapenos, salt, and lime.

tortillia chips or baked tortillias.

• talesin
    talesin

It is just that easy, Cool!

fakesmile,,, sounds delish,, but I'll pass on the tomatoes. Aside from that, it's the same as my recipe (but I'm a garlic fiend, so usually dice up a bunch of garlic to put in it too).

Avocado is my favorite fruit!

• still thinking
    still thinking

stews are always better the next day IMO same as curries...mmmmmmm

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Well, I just did a birthday lunch for my mother today and cooked chicken fried rice and sweet sticky pork ribs. Yum.
    During the week though I usually just cook for myself different meats with spices and herbs with salad.
    Pork medallions with melted garlic and herb butter with new potoes and honey carrots are also a favourite as well as good ole barbecue with lamb souvlaki, thick cut rump and thick sausages with potato salad, coleslaw, salad and a french stick. Man, now I'm hungry again.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What kinds of food do you like to fix at home?

None of my Food is Broken..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

My wife drafted me to prepare lunch last week- the cupboard yielded a 2 serving size of shrimp ramen noodles- I put some oil in the skillet and added some leftover vegetables, green beans,peas, thin-sliced a carrot & some celery- a handful of frozen whole shrimp and seasoned with garlic salt, cooked a couple minutes - added a little water and added the cooked ramen noodles and seasoning sauce- stirred for a minute- and it was done--

My wife thought I was a real chef-

• flipper
    flipper

Well, my wife just went to work this morning , and I'm going to fix the breakfast I usually cook for her and me every Saturday & Sunday morning. It includes eggs over easy or sunny side up with cheddar cheeses melted in, salt, lemon pepper, chili garlic pepper sauce , and a little dill sprinkled on. Also bacon, thick sliced maple flavored, also country fried potatoes with cheddar cheese melted in, green onions, portabella mushrooms, roasted red bell peppers, basil, garlic, chili garlic pepper sauce, dill, cilantro, lemon pepper and salt. Love this breakfast !

For dinners one of my favorites is marinating King salmon in a marinade called " Very, Very Teriyaki " sauce you can buy at most grocery stores. I marinade it for about an hour , then sprinkle lemon juice on the marinated meat, lemon pepper, salt and BBQ each side for about 4-5 minutes or so. Also enjoy eating great salads with organic avocadoes, tomates, green onions, a little cheese sprinkled in with blue cheese or Restaurant Recipe Italian dressing. Then top it off with nice sourdough/wheat frenchbread and we should be nice and comfy in the tummy ! These are my wife and my favorite home meals

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit