Here's the latest news on the Candace Conti case

by God_Delusion 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys,

I've been speaking with Kathleen (Candace's mother) and with Sami (a close family friend) and they told me the latest news on the Candace Conti vs. The Watchtower Society court case.

Read it here - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jw-lawsuits/latest-on-the-candace-conti-vs-the-watchtower-society-case/

Love,
    Jaymes

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks Jaymes,, keep us posted.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I will Gayle.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

‘But the WBTS (Watchtower Society) filed motions in two areas. One for a new trial and another to have the amount of damages reduced.’ (In other words WTBTS is asking for mercy. Mercy, a request JW rank and file in Judicial Committee proceedings rarely if ever receive)!

‘The amount of damages could be less or he could even make them higher. We can only wait and see.’ (my vote is that damages go waaaay higher)!

Jaymes, thank you and say Hay! to Candace and her mom for us.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In other words WTBTS is asking for mercy. Mercy, a request JW rank and file in Judicial Committee proceedings rarely if ever receive

The didn't show much repentance. Their closing arugment when facing punitive damages was "we have less cover ups than the Catholic church."

-Sab

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If I thought praying would work, I would as well! But I think 'mere' human justice and ethics often attains far higher standards than much of what is found in the bible or any religion for that matter.

I have a feeling the judge is going to kick WTs ass.

Thanks for the update.

• life is to short
  • God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I'll pass on all your thoughts (and prayers) to the Conti's.

• clarity
    clarity

Jaymes wish I could pray but ... I'm sure hoping for justice!

>

Watchtower wants a little mercy huh ... well lets give it to them

in the measure that they hand out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

Plse convey our interest ... not only in just this case ... but as well

in Candace personally ... and in the empowering & healing of all those abused

kids ...may they now step forward & claim their justice!

>

clarity

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think personally, the Judge was wanting to mainly see how the Watchtower Society would answer them. He said he would have a decision by the 25th August. So needless to say, everyone is nervously waiting for the day he decides.
    http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jw-lawsuits/latest-on-the-candace-conti-vs-the-watchtower-society-case/

OMG! a decision is coming tomorrow. I cannot wait.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit