To Any Jehovah's Witness Reading This---Please Think About Getting Out!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some Witnesses get turned off because they do believe in God and some here clearly don't .

• minimus
    minimus

methinks a few Witnesses know what I'm saying is the "truth".

• garyneal
    garyneal

What if it was announced from the Watchtower that anyone who was thinking of not wanting to be a witness ever again could leave the Kingdom Hall and never come back if they so choose without repercussions?

What if it was also announced that any still-in witness who either shunned them or otherwise treated them differently would be promptly dealt with by the local body of elders since the Watchtower no longer views such practices as marks of being a true Christian.

What if all witnesses who were still-in were encouraged to treat these former witnesses with the same respect paid to current witnesses in good standing?

How many would leave and more importantly, how many would stay?

"If you love someone enough, let that person go and if he or she does not return, that person never belonged to you to begin with."

Can the Watchtower ever think like this?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

garyneal, the short answer is no.

The WTS, at its heart, is an organization that operates on FEAR. I would guess that a large segment of the population fear death. They fear the unknown that comes along with death. The WTS capitalizes on this fear by promising "everlasting life on paradise earth." Can any of us compete with that?

All people have to do is follow the WTS and this fear evaporates into thin air! No more worrying about dying, or what happens after you die. It is indeed a childish and simple solution that alleviates the fears of 7 million followers.

IMHO, it is a big fat lie, giving people false hope. But they also use fear to their advantage, threatening people with loss of friends or family if they dare step out of line. And of course fear of being killed at Armageddon with no hope of life again.

Yeah, what a religion filled with love.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Untill one is no longer a captive of a concept one is trapped in the Watchtower concept and mindset. It is sites like this and others that are helping to release those trapped because of other reasons even when they are no longer captive to a concept. It is ones here like yourself Mini; who are doing that kind of service trying to help those who are in a place that we use to be. We feel there pain. Thanks for this one, your ok in my book.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Untill one is no longer a captive of a concept one is trapped in the Watchtower concept and mindset. It is sites like this and others that are helping to release those trapped because of other reasons even when they are no longer captive to a concept. It is ones here like yourself Mini; who are doing that kind of service trying to help those who are in a place that we use to be. We feel there pain. Thanks for this one, your ok in my book.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Oops double hit,sorry. And I meant their not there.

• jam
    jam

grayneal: I think attendance would go up, at least on

Sundays. Many of us still have conditional friends and family

in the borg. You can go to the meetings, ( may be hard sitting

thru the BS) and speak with old friends. Those they stay, I beleive

their life will be better. Shunnning some one you love is not natural.

• minimus
    minimus

Mallc, blue thank you three times over!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even if "it's better than the other religions", does that mean you need to stay in? Where is the law that says you need a religion? You could simply be unaffiliated, and I recommend staying religiously neutral until you can sort things out. If you stay because "it's better than other religions", perhaps you ought to look at the "no religion" option. While you are unaffiliated, research to the core the other religions. Check everything out, more for research than to commit. When you are looking into numerous belief systems and committing to none, you are on the right track.

Also, there is no penalty for remaining unaffiliated. Do not be too quick to join another religion "because it's anything but Jehovah's Witlesses" or "because it's not Christian". Too many witlesses jump into Islam before researching that religion thoroughly. Yes, research Islam and Judaism. Yes, research the Far Eastern religions. You are not committing, you are only fact-finding. Until you are satisfied that a religion is for you, do not commit. If a religion starts pressuring you to join, you already found that it is not for you because there will be hidden rubbish within it.

And, don't hesitate to research religions that seem way out in left field. When the right hand path has such a death grip, they do all they can to scare people out of looking in left field. Hell threats and "demon attacks" that are usually angel attacks or fabricated are commonly cited. Don't let that stop you from researching paganism and Satanism. Again, only researching the topics will allow you to determine if those are for you. It is better to remain neutral until you are absolutely certain. That way, you might find something that "the other religion is better than the witlesses". And even if not, at least while you are unaffiliated, you are not in any of those "other religions" or in the witlesses, and you are free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit