To Any Jehovah's Witness Reading This---Please Think About Getting Out!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I sympathize with you. You may feel there's no where to go. You might worry that you could lose all your friends and family.

You might believe it's better than the other religions and you should just "wait" on Jehovah/The Organization.

You might have doubts but you might feel a spiritual connection.

All I can suggest to you is to please think about your life. Think about how you squandered an education. Think about how many rules you must conform to or else, you will feel guilt or you know the elders will have to talk to you.

Think about all the wrong understandings, the flip flops, the errors that were made that you accepted because you were told it was as if Jehovah Himself was talking to you.

It's not too late to find a way out. It's never too late.

• 00DAD
  • fakesmile
    fakesmile

respect. i was asking myself if i i was a smug bastard as a witness. i was. but in that mindset how could i not have been. i had the truth and you were going to die if you didnt believe me. thanks, posts like this remind me not to be so hard on myself.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

amen to that Minimus!

• minimus
    minimus

I think we all get down on the Witnesses at times but it's good for them to know that we do hope they know there IS something more than what they were taught as the "Truth".

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Good advice. For some though, it is an over-simplification. It is not so easy to leave. I wish I could, if my wife would join me I could care less about the rest of my family. I wish my relationship was certain enough that I would know for sure if it would survive with me being an apostate but she is too attached to her family. I guess time will tell.

• minimus
    minimus

XB, I wish you the best!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Thanks Min. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts over the passed 10 years. Keep it up.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you so much.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I was sooo sure of myself when a JW. I pionneered every time I had the opportunity, which was often. My only ''fault'' was that I studied my Bible in depth - and I mean DEPTH!
    It was a battle with good morals and logic that killed the Bible for me -- way before I looked to Science or apostate litterature.
    Yep - if you claim to know your Bible, and are still a Christian, I state with no ambiguity that you are fooling yourself with confirmation bias.
    Bottom line, the WTBTS Organization is founded on fairy tales - and that makes them the ''bad guy'' to judge others and encourage ostracism to those who dare think.

I do NOT unerstand those who leave the Organization to go play in another mud pond of religious delusion. Get a life, a reason, and read with context.

The Truth will set you free indeed.
    ____

There is no god. There is the natural Universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit