Favorite LAST episode to the ending of series drama or sitcom?

by dreamgolfer 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Mash is almost the same for me , too, it was a Drama, Newhart was Funny - Seinfeld, well it was awreck

but did anyone recognize the guy whose car was stolen

• rocketman
    rocketman

Friends ended predictably, and Seinfeld ended somewhat disappointingly for such a great sitcom. I can remember both finales (because they still air frequently).

Some series never even get an ending due to programming decisions. I don't think CSI Miami, which has been pulled after 10 years, had a conclusion. Or did it?

Actually, I liked what could have been the finale for CSI New York. I think the series has been renewed, but it was a close call. And last season's finale, with Mack Taylor shot in a convenience store holdup and fighting for his life, mirrored the series itself, which was teetering on the edge of cancellation.

• poppers
    poppers

For me it has to be Newhart since it is still so memorable and was so unexpected. Another unexpected ending was St. Elsewhere - can't say it was my favorite, however.

• Glander
    Glander

Leolaia, Breaking Bad is so good! I agree it will end in a surprise. By the way, I thought the show concluded this season but the preview refers to the next two episodes as being the "season finale". ?

The Soprano ending with the black screen perfectly illustrated that Tony was dead.

• minimus
    minimus

The Sopranos!

Most shows, by the time they reach their last episode are a shell of themselves.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Nobody mentions Mary Tyler Moore turning of the lights in the TV studio?

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I vote Newhart also—unexpected and perfectly fitting.

Also, one of my personal favorites was the last episode of The Wonder Years. Very bittersweet.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't know my favorite ending. Newhart was clever. I mostly hate last episodes and they leave me unfulfilled. Perhaps it is because I don't usually like what others like, and my show gets cancelled rather than being allowed to reach a graceful end.

Dollhouse---I was so disappointed. The end seemed rushed and forced. Probably working against a cancellation deadline. There was a lot more to tell.

The Riches---in my opinion one of the best shows ever with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. That show just ENDED. Dead bodies, intense situation, where will they go from here? We'll never know! They seemed to have written themselves in a corner, and it would have been fun to watch them work it out.

Dead Like Me---they had to do a movie years later to give some closure. It was disappointing.

• Lore
    Lore

Lost.

Just kidding.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The last episode of The Brady Bunch, when Greg's hair turned orange right before graduation. Television at its most riveting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit