Favorite LAST episode to the ending of series drama or sitcom?

by dreamgolfer 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

1) mine, Newhart show #2 - when "Bob" wakes up and and said he had a dream he was running an Inn in New Hampshire

and it is Suzzane Pleshette next to him

Still can't get it outta my little noggin

WHATS YOURS????

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

off the top of my head mash

also remember the hype for the last episode of seinfield but the show turned out to be meh.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I can remember my least favourite, "Lost in Space" where they couldnt even see to winding up the series with them getting safely home.

My child mind is still concerned for the Robinson family still Lost out there some where, and now forgotten about.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The final episode of JAG where Harm and Mac FINALLY do what viewers had been waiting 10 years to see.

Farkel

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Favourite without a doubt would be the final episode of Will & Grace, followed close second by Golden Girls.

• Glander
    Glander

Far and away, The Sopranos. A lot of people hated it. But it was perfect.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Mine is yours, dreamgolfer. I immediately thought of Newhart. That was the best and most unexpected ending.So smart and funny.

I was loving Seinfeld's final episode with so many characters from past episodes, but then it just fell flat. Big disappointment.

• jws
    jws

That's a very hard question. Usually by the time a series ends, it has "jumped the shark" and gotten so bad that I've stopped watching it. After all, if the laughs were still coming and there was still room to grow the characters, it probably wouldn't be cancelled. I quite frankly can't remember very many "last episodes" because I probably gave up on the series. Or they tend to be some stupid "happily ever after" ending, trying to wrap up too many things all at once. Many shows don't even know that their last episode is going to be their last episode and don't have a special.

Sopranos was great. And it definitely went out on top. The ending could mean anything and left it up to you to decide. If you wanted him to be punished, you could imagine it. If you were cheering him on, you could imagine that too. I do know I was grumbling and bitching about the lousy cable company the whole time the screen was blank. I'm sure the cable companies had phones ringing off the hook that night.

I remember that I watched the M*A*S*H and Cheers last episodes, but can't remember much about them. I think they were both "tie everything up in a pretty bow" shows. I don't remember watching the last Bob show, but I do remember seeing that scene. Loved it!

Seinfeld, not good except for all the guests.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It hasn't aired yet, but I'm putting my money on the Breaking Bad finale.

The Sopranos ending was bloody brilliant. There is a website that argues very persuasively that cinematographically the sequence implies that Tony was indeed whacked.

I liked the Little House "Let's Blow Up the Freaking Town" finale. Nonsensical, but fun. "All Good Things" was a pretty good episode of TNG. The Prisoner has a total bonkers finale.

The Seinfeld finale makes me think of this jerk I was dating at the time....I saw the finale at his house. He also had this newfangled thing called a DVD Player....also watched my first DVD at his house: The Devil's Advocate.

• talesin
    talesin

I thought the ending to OZ was brilliant, and realistic.

It was a gut-wrenchingly real drama, and the final wrap-up did not disappoint.

t

PS. dreamgolfer,,,, I so agree, Bob Newhart ended in a perfect Newhart way. I just about split a gut when he woke up to SP. :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit