Evidence of Fabrication in the recent WT study article for 8/19/12?!?

by 00DAD 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Incidentally, due to the fact that reports are entered electronically on the Society's website, the "due date" is now the 20th of the month, at least in the USA.

THEY radiated exceptional excitement and joy

In our congregation, the radiation was drudgery and foot-dragging. "Ugh - we've got to go out in service on a Sunday AGAIN?!?!?!"

But how would they have gotten this anecdotal evidence of "exceptional excitement and joy"

in time for publication? How would they have included it in the article in a seamless way?

How would they have gotten it proofread and approved and finally published by the publication due date?

That's the brilliant part - it's not measurable. How do you quantify "excitement and joy"? How do you falsify the statement?

You can't, so who cares if it really happened or not?

The WTS has got fuzzy writing down to a science.

• Ding
    Ding

Of course they radiated exceptional excitement and joy.

You don't think JWs are tired and bored and exhausted, do you?

The WTS is a spiritual paradise, remember?

• blondie
    blondie

Aren't auxiliary pioneer applications processed in-house by the elders? Do they send them to the branches except in their statistical reports later.

• cedars
    cedars

blondie

Aren't auxiliary pioneer applications processed in-house by the elders? Do they send them to the branches except in their statistical reports later.

That's what I'd like to know. I honestly can't remember what the process was for auxilliary pioneer applications.

Cedars

• sir82
    sir82

Auxiliary pioneer applications are handled entirely in-house by the congregation service committee (COBE, secretary, service overseer).

The applications are not forwarded to the WTS.

The only way the WTS knows how many APs there were is from the congregation field service report sent in on the 20th of each month.

Incidentally, even regular pioneer applications are handled entirely in-house by the service committee now. Once approved, the secretary enters the name of the pioneer & a few details on the JW.org website. But the approval / disapproval of regular pioneers is 100% on the local elders.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember the season. During March and April, there is a certain amount of joy simply because the weather is warming up. The warm days of spring are here, the snow is melting, and it is not yet so damn hot that you can't stay out past noon without melting yourself. People are looking forward to the sun being up longer, and since the witlesses missed out on the spiritual feast of Christmas, this is the first time they get any real spiritual upbuilding since November. That is the whole "exceptional joy" around spring.

Beyond that, nothing. I never enjoyed wasting the time in suit clothes, knocking on doors when I could be outside preparing for the upcoming season. Many have yard work to do, or like planting a garden, or catching up on cleaning. Some get to sit on the lawn or porch, now that the weather is finally warming up but before the mosquitoes and bees start showing up. The witlesses have to waste that time knocking on doors, usually getting people sitting on the porch when they were hoping to not get anyone.

To add to the "exceptional joy", it is mind numbing. There is nothing spiritually upbuilding about endlessly handing out wastes of paper to house after house, with a simple presentation. Repeating the same 2-3 sentences, door after door, all day is not spiritually upbuilding. People are moaning that they don't feel like being out, though the sun makes it a bit more bearable. I, for one, would rather be in the middle of a season-long promotion job of Christmas for a major city or a mall (preferably one run independently so I am not going to hear from King Rothschild that he is offended by Christmas).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Self supporting BULLSHIT propaganda and nothing else.

The WTS. editorial writers have been doing this for over a century, one should take that its their positional job within the organization.

Since religion is really complied bullshit, the WTS. are just commercialized marketers .

Jesus should have said spread the gospel to all lands but don't ever try and sell it . $$$

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

"Self supporting BxxxSxxx propaganda and nothing else."

Speaking of that - and yes, Aux Pio paperwork is all done at the cong level. The Society only knows when the report is sent in. And the Sec. has by the 20th of the next month to do that electronically.

But back to the propaganda part - There is a picture, a collage really, of 5 smiling people on page 24 with the caption, "Have you seriously considered entering the regular pioneer ranks?" During the WT discussion, the conductor focused in on the fact that the five people are all smiling, THEREFORE, pioneering must really be the happiest way of life.

I mentioned to one of my grown offspring sitting next to me that the photo is staged artwork. After the meeting I asked if he/she understood what I was saying. He/She then caught on to what I was saying. A commercial for something is not going to show sad users. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone else at the hall thought in those terms.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sounds like typical "spiritual paradise" puffery.

• blondie
    blondie

Bobcat, so is the conductor a pioneer?

But back to the propaganda part - There is a picture, a collage really, of 5 smiling people on page 24 with the caption, "Have you seriously considered entering the regular pioneer ranks?" During the WT discussion, the conductor focused in on the fact that the five people are all smiling, THEREFORE, pioneering must really be the happiest way of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit