If the Israelites were slaves and being oppressed by the Egyptians where did they get all their camping gear & supplies to wander in the wilderness for 40 years ?

by smiddy 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Just think of the logistics to organise a nation of people to accomplish this venture.People who say God provided.... just dont think.

They needed food ,clothing,utensils,tents,tools,fabric,livestock,for food & sacrifice,water,space between families,sanitary facilities,etc.etc.etc.

And don`t forget a generation had to die off before they could enter the promised land.

Where is the evidence for any of this.

smiddy

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

They made it from the manna.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Where is the evidence for any of this.

In the bible, it says so...LOL What else do you need?

Or do you mean 'real' evidence?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The 'exodus' is a ripoff of an older Ethiopian story.

• mP
    mP

The jews were used to be ing slaves. They didnt need fancy coffee machines or ipads. They were more than happy to walk about naked. We have the example of Elijah who did the same many years later. He walked about all Israel naked because people didnt worship Jehovah. I guess they were happy to eat desert bugs and drinking camel urine.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Are you suggesting that if 3 million people were camping for 40 years they would have left some evidence behind?

The thing I always find amusing about this is the toilet arrangements. They had to go 'outside of the camp'. As 3 million people camping makes for a pretty big site imagine what a long walk that would be, especially when you get to my age and need several 'bathroom sojourns' every night!

George

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Drum roll please..... They made giant sand castles and lived in those.

Actually you make a very good point to lob at your JWs.

But yes, sadly (or not) the exodus account is fiction.

Read this book....

• elderelite
    elderelite

It was magic. The bible says god made sure their clothes didnt wear out or their sandles..... Get with it man.

• mP
    mP

elderelite:

It was magic. The bible says god made sure their clothes didnt wear out or their sandles..... Get with it man.

mP:

They didnt wear clothes. If they wore clothes some men could get sneaky and not get circumsized. If your naked it makes it much harder to hide this fact, stay proper.

• mP
    mP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadesh_Barnea

Kadesh or Qadhesh in Classical (Hebrew: ?????? ‎), also known as Qadesh-Barne?a (?????? ?????????), was a place in the south of Ancient Israel. The name "Kodesh" means holy [1] . The name "Barnea" may mean desert of wandering.

Kadesh was an important site in Israelite history. [2] It was the chief site of encampment for the Israelites during their wandering in the wilderness of Zin (Deut. 1:46); it was from Kadesh that the spies were sent out into Canaan (Num. 13:1-26); T

yes 38 years to be precise and absolute nothing has been found of the 3million.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit