Why do folks feel it necessary to announce their departure from this board?

by SadElder 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, I'm almost up to 5555 posts that sadify Jehovah... but happify me.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

It is simply polite to say hello,......... and goodbye. And Cheers.....because now it is OK to say CHEERS !

Billy 5555......sounds significant....oddly spiritual....antitypical....typical....... like two short of perfection times four or four time emphases plus two...which will bring us to 2012...a significant year in history...for Billy. I spent way to much time in the Borg......

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Many people have really affected positively by the communal comments found on this board. Some have the dignity and respect to give formal goodbyes to this great group of people.

• steve2
    steve2

Why do folks find it necessary to start posts asking Why folks feel it necessary to announce their departure from this board and why do folks like me raise questions about this? Perhaps this question will feature in an upcoming Watchtower.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Flyinghigh- huh?

Flamers ignored as always.

• cedars
    cedars

I don't see anything wrong or inappropriate about people saying goodbye. I personally prefer it to people saying nothing and then others wondering what's happened to them.

Cedars

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

i think polite is nice, and to hear that folks can move on is great! At least we know they are not dead or something.

Good to hear,

In my part time job I wonder if people I never hear have truley died, oh well one will never know.

But mark my "woyds", if I chose to leave, I will PROMISE to have a big party and ya'll can come over to my house for libations to celebrate -

it will be like one big Wayne's World party, Most Excellent!

I guess you all are stuck with me for a while

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They want to get their deposit back.

Rub a Dub

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I think there are all sorts of answers. Some want their egos stroked. Some are pissed off at another user or two and leave because of that animosity.....but want to get one last dig in by announcing to everyone exactly why they are leaving. Some want to sincerely express gratitude to others for helping them in their time of need. Some are just friendly - they say hello when they come and goodbye when they leave.

Each person is going to be different

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit