"Your bad attitude is evident, because you don't bring a meeting bag to the meetings anymore!"

by stuckinarut2 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

rebel8: Bookbags and highlighters were a sign of spiritual depth when I was in, for sure.

Actual Christian qualities are only given lip service. It's all about appearances.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Great point Ding!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

This seems to be more common than I thought. About a year ago, all baptized publishers in my cong were called to a meeting. I happened to "qualify" to attend at the time. There was an assembly coming up and they decided to review some items related to the assembly but also others related to the cong itself. One of such topics was the assignments of privileges. One of the simplest ones, mic handling, was brought up and it was shocking to hear how one would qualify to handle the mic. The conversation went something like this.

Meeting conductor (elder): In order to qualify and honor Jehovah, what qualities should a man demonstrate in order to be considered for the privileges.

brother raises hand: He must be an exemplary christian

Elder: That is correct. How do we know if he is an exemplary christian?

another brother raises hand: He lives his life by bible principles (so far so good)

Elder: But how would someone know if this person was rightfully appointed by christian principles, if he is walking around the KH handling the microphone. How would someone know that he was rightfully appointed.

Brother raises hand: His magazine would be underlined, showing that he prepared for the meeting.

In my mind I was thinking.. so its ok if he steals, beat up his wife and kids, and has an affair at work. So long his magazine is underlined.

That was the last time I ever prepared for a WT study. I had never handled the mic up to that point. As soon as I stopped actually preparing and made sure to use bright colorful highlights on the pages, I was then offered the "privilege". Once I prove it to myself, I stopped highlighting and FS and the privilege went out the door in as little as two meetings.

I am a much happier individual now.

• Ding
    Ding
    Sort of like elementary school... privileges when you color well...
  • millie210
    millie210
    The more I read this thread the more I am thinking that JWs remind me of the Army rather than a religion.
  • flipper
    flipper
    STUCKINARUT- That's really funny and a bit sad and insane for him to say that. What you said was great ! Another thing you could say is , " Brother so and so book bags are " old light " tablet use is " new light " - even the WT Society has T.V. on the Internet now ! " Then you can watch his facial expressions as his head explodes. LOL.Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - ""...book bags are old light..."

* snicker *

Only in Watchtowistan would those five words strung together in a phrase actually mean something. :smirk:

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I think those of you still 'in' should carry a different bag every week, in increasing sizes, culminating in a giant suitcase.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Lets call it the :

"REACHING-OUT BAG"???!!!!!

• Stealth
    Stealth

Bring your tablet in a backpack next time and watch the reaction. I loved doing things like this before leaving for good.

Then after you stop going they are less likely to pursue you because they really don't like brothers with a B. A.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit