"Your bad attitude is evident, because you don't bring a meeting bag to the meetings anymore!"

by stuckinarut2 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A bag has only one purpose. To protect what's inside and to keep it in one place. If you only have a few items, or just one, that bag could be a waste of time. Those who have something like 15 or 20 items may wish to carry a bag so they can carry it all without having it fall apart.

Style? Anything that will get the job done. If your bag is too big, you might be pressured into increasing your field circus, as a big bag holds more littera-trash than a smaller one. Nylon or canvas is acceptable, since leather can get ratty looking in a few years, and it holds water (while nylon will let water in, it will also let it dry quicker. With leather, once water gets in, it is stuck in).

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Bring a big briefcase with a tablet plus a bottle of jack Daniels a six pack of coke, some ice cubes and a couple of rocks glasses.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Stuckinarut2 - "Your bad attitude is evident because you don't bring your meeting bag anymore!"

Ugh.

That was one thing I got really tired of really early on... dumb guys thinking they were smart.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Get one of those "I've just been appointed Elder, and my head is swelling, Extra Large catalog cases on wheels" and Carry only your tablet inside!

I never carry anything but my tablet, anymore!

Dwain

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

You'll NEVER be able to do anything right in this cult. That's just the way it is. Just give us your money, time and complete obedience. STFU and you'll be fine! Oh...and you have the "privilege" of cleaning the Kingdom Hall too.

Sorry you are stuck in this. No one should have to put up with that crap.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I will sometimes slip my tablet into the pocket of my overcoat, so I walk into the hall with nothing in my hands. There's an elder that's made comments once or twice before, along the lines of "It almost looks like you didn't come prepared for the meeting!"
  • OzGirl
    OzGirl

In ancient times, the Pharisees drew attention to themselves by wearing large Scripture cases on their foreheads. It's all about image.

These days, the expectation is to lug a huge briefcase to the Hall, so that you "look spiritual."

• rebel8
    rebel8

Bookbags and highlighters were a sign of spiritual depth when I was in, for sure.

If I got this advice, I would be tempted to go Superfine Turbo 1970sjw. Do this, approach the elders, and say, "Better now?"

For men--polyester, wide lapeled suit, wide tie, highwater hem, oxfords, vest, coat buttoned all the way up, watchtower tie tack, glasses with masking tape holding them together, pulled together with an enormous bookbag. Hair must be parted on the side, sideburns must be present but not be longer than the earlobe, no beard or mustache.

For women--thick pantyhose, low-heeled pumps, a-line skirt with a mid-calf or lower hemline, half slip, camisole under your polyester blouse (which is buttoned up One Extra Button So You Don't Stumble the Brothers), modest haircut, little makeup, Stepford Wives vacant smile, lady-sized bookbag with a slew of highlighters, earmarked magazines with underlining. If you have kids, include a wooden spoon or ruler for spanking.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Stuck, just tell them that your decision to ditch the bag is a conscience matter as man-bags are considered to be as gay as tight pants.
  • Ding
    Ding
    I don't know which is worse -- reprimanding you for stupid stuff like that or treating you like dirt and never telling you the stupid reason...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit