What Charitable Orgs. are you involved with?

by LDH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Boys and Girls Clubs of America
    Rotary
    School Board Advisory Council

and tons of other stuff.

• trevor
    trevor

Hi LDH,

I pay my taxes.

trevor

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Mainly animal protection-type charities.

HSUS

ASPCA

Alley Cat Allies

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

And small-time animal rescue and rehab on my own.

• Seven
    Seven

United Way, American Cancer Society, ACLD, Junior League

• ianao
    ianao

I second trevor's notion.

• LDH
    LDH

Jesus paid Caesar's things to Caesar. That didn't stop him from giving to caring for the less fortunate.

I also pay my taxes, but that doesn't satisfy my desire to help my fellowman.

I'd encourage you all to give to somebody or something that CAN'T give back.

The system that many of us grew up under was to give (our time in the form of Bible Studies) as long as we were getting back (in the form of bible student meeting attendance, where others can look at us and praise our efforts!)

There are a ton of people/children/victims out there who really could use your help, whether it is just dropping off a bag of dog food at the local pound or mentoring a child. There is work to be done.

• trevor
    trevor

Hi LDH,

Your original question was 'what charitable ORGANIZATIONS are you involved in?' Organized tax paying raises billions of pounds for welfare - nothing else comes close. Perhaps if you paid as much tax as me you would see my point.

As for helping our fellow man, well that is an entirely different thing. Organized charities often earn a very good ivings out of their collections and are not always the best way to help the less fortunate. Giving to organized charity is convinient but not by no means the best way help out

you seem like a kind person - good luck

trevor

• TR
    TR

Salvation Army
    Spokane Christian Center
    Ronald McDonald House
    Deer Park Food Bank

TR

• mommy
    mommy

:) Keep up the good work
    Every little bit helps:)

Edited by - MOMMY on 23 January 2001 12:28:16

• Xandit
    Xandit

American Cancer Society, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Girl Scouts (only because I like the cookies), I used to give to the Humane Society until I found out they were anti-hunting, anti-fishing, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit