Why love God?

by joelbear 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• COMF
    COMF

IF THIS WORLD WAS LIKE THE ANIMAL KINGDOM WHERE THE STRONG RULED, MANKIND WOULD HAVE KILLED ITSELF OUT OF EXISTANCE CENTURIES AGO.

Run that past me a little slower?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    DoubleEdge, you speak with great and seemingly uncompromising authority. Where does it come from?
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge

oops...sorry, I was practicing 'quoting' and I hit the reply button. Thanks Smoldering Wick... it works!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    i]IF THIS WORLD WAS LIKE THE ANIMAL KINGDOM WHERE THE STRONG RULED, MANKIND WOULD HAVE KILLED ITSELF OUT OF EXISTANCE CENTURIES AGO.[/i]

Run that past me a little slower?

The point I was making was mankind and the animal kingdom are different. History proves that it's not always the strong who succeed or dominate...if it did we would have killed ourselves long ago. Go back to the Pelopennesian War (Athens and Sparta), the Goths, Huns, Vlad the Impaler, Spanish Armada...etc. etc. Even the 20th century, the bloodiest in history, the largest, best trained most dominate military force in history was defeated. In other words mankind will constantly swing the pendulum between good and evil, but if evil goes too far towards the destruction of Gods plans, inevitable it swings back.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    FIRST OF ALL, GOD CREATED A DIFFERENT WORLD THAN THE ONE YOU DISCRIBED ABOVE...JUST LEAVE IT TO MANKIND TO REARRANGE IT AND SCREW IT UP. SECONDLY, IF THIS WORLD WAS LIKE THE ANIMAL KINGDOM WHERE THE STRONG RULED, MANKIND WOULD HAVE KILLED ITSELF OUT OF EXISTANCE CENTURIES AGO. THROUGHOUT HISTORY THE MIGHTY AND EVIL HAVE FALLEN... THERE ARE DOZENS AND DOZENS OF EXAMPLES....JUST WHEN THE PENDULUM SWINGS AS FAR AS IT CAN, "SOMEONE" ALWAYS BRINGS IT BACK...AND THAT'S AN UNDENIABLE FACT (By the way, I'm not screaming with the CAPS, I just don't know how to distinguish from others quotes).

So just how exactly did 'man' rearrange the animal kingdom and 'screw it up'? You mean man made lions eat gazelles, and big fish eat little fish? And please don't run the 'Satan changed the animals' crap by me - it's VERY clear that the entire world runs on a 'eat or be eaten' cycle - this did not 'morph' from some other arrangements. Even eating vegitation is killing something. We kill to survive, plain and simple.

And yes, man lives and dies my the same rules. Invading armies concur new territories. "THROUGHOUT HISTORY THE MIGHTY AND EVIL HAVE FALLEN" - yes they have, and how? Someone else kills them. While maybe that 'someone else' is weaker in numbers, strength, etc - they are stronger in other ways - guile, surprise, plain old luck, etc. Even in the animal world sometimes a lion chokes on a gazelle bone and dies so the strong don't always win, but they almost always do.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    So just how exactly did 'man' rearrange the animal kingdom and 'screw it up'? You mean man made lions eat gazelles, and big fish eat little fish? And please don't run the 'Satan changed the animals' crap by me - it's VERY clear that the entire world runs on a 'eat or be eaten' cycle - this did not 'morph' from some other arrangements. Even eating vegitation is killing something. We kill to survive, plain and simple.

What in the hell are you talking about? Who said anything about 'man' rearranging the animal kingdom? Unless you mean..oh, now I get it, you think man is part of the animal kingdom...we too are part of animal cycle of 'eat or be eaten'...well, I guess if you think of yourself as an animal I guess it is VERY clear that's the way your world runs...NOT MINE...to quote The Elephant Man - "I am not an animal". My highly intelligent dog has been around my computers for over ten years, and you know what? --- Not once have I caught him on the internet.

And yes, man lives and dies my the same rules. Invading armies concur new territories. "THROUGHOUT HISTORY THE MIGHTY AND EVIL HAVE FALLEN" - yes they have, and how? Someone else kills them. While maybe that 'someone else' is weaker in numbers, strength, etc - they are stronger in other ways - guile, surprise, plain old luck, etc. Even in the animal world sometimes a lion chokes on a gazelle bone and dies so the strong don't always win, but they almost always do.
    You're really caught up in the 'kill' jag...
    Even eating vegitation is killing something
    Sorry, but I've never felt sorry for a 'dead' but delicious carrot.

History is history, there are too many times that the pendulum has swung back out of something more that 'pure luck' - - so we view it differently. I see the hand of Providence, you see the hand of Godzilla.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Whatever - I no not of this 'pendulum' you speak of. All I see in history is the strong nations/groups capturing nearby nations/groups. Always has been. Maybe always will be? But the man vrs animal thing - true man is above animals (debatable!) but still man's world is a world of domination. If you think I'm wrong just try breaking one of your nations 'laws'. You WILL be dominated. Always has been.

And yes, we are part of the 'eat or be eaten' cycle. What did YOU eat for lunch?

• COMF
    COMF

You're AGuest/Shelby, aren't you, Double Edge.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    If you think I'm wrong just try breaking one of your nations 'laws'. You WILL be dominated. Always has been.

Well that's an untrue broad statement. I break the law most the time that I'm driving. And look at all the illegal aliens last November...not only are they here 'breaking' the law, but a lot of them voted in the last Presidential election (unlawfully)...if you don't think so, check out some back issues for So. California newspapers.

And yes, we are part of the 'eat or be eaten' cycle. What did YOU eat for lunch? [/QUOTE] I had a bagel and cream cheese.
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge
    If you think I'm wrong just try breaking one of your nations 'laws'. You WILL be dominated. Always has been.

Well that's an untrue broad statement. I break the law most the time that I'm driving. And look at all the illegal aliens last November...not only are they here 'breaking' the law, but a lot of them voted in the last Presidential election (unlawfully)...if you don't think so, check out some back issues for So. California newspapers.

And yes, we are part of the 'eat or be eaten' cycle. What did YOU eat for lunch? [/QUOTE]

I had a bagel and cream cheese.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit