Funny Shunning....

by Scully 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

We were shopping yesterday when I noticed a JW woman from our old congregation in one of the aisles. Normally I would go up and say hello, because I'm neither DFd or DAd, but we were in a bit of a hurry, and I didn't want to spend much time in frivolous small talk. A little background on her: when we knew her she was a pioneer, and could very well still be one; her mother is a pioneer; her twin sister is a pioneer, etc.... you get the idea. She was one of the people in the congregation who seemed to lead the gossip mill, always ready to point out someone's spiritual weaknesses and assassinate their character behind their back. But, it was overlooked because she's a pioneer and her victims were not.

Anyway, we were waiting at the checkout, and she pulls up her shopping cart two aisles over from where we are. I gave a friendly wave hello and instead of waving back, she puts her hand up in front of her face like a shield, as if it will keep us from noticing her. I immediately burst out laughing. We paid for our things and went to the car.

As it turned out, her car was parked right in front of ours. We were waiting for hubby to return to the car after going to the mailbox in front of the store entrance, and Sister StuckUp pulls her shopping cart in place, looks directly at me with a sour-puss glare, and then proceeds to turn her back to me. She unloaded her shopping cart into her car, keeping her back to me the whole time. This was quite an accomplishment, because it would have been a lot easier for her had she been facing me, or at least didn't feel it necessary to put on "the show" for me. I started laughing again, and rolled down my window, so she could hear me. She was clearly rattled by my being there.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you. I thought it was hilarious in a pathetic sort of way.

Love, Scully

• LB
    LB

That is pretty funny Scully. We've had similar experiences with members from our old congregation, but none so obvious as her, putting her hand up over her face. That's great.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• 2SYN
    2SYN

*LOL*

Damn, no one has ever done that to me...if they did I'd start laughing at them too! They are so ridiculous, and they don't even realize it...it's as if they see the world through Dub-coloured sunglasses.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Angharad
    Angharad

That was a classic Scully, she had to protect herself from your aposta-ray.

I had one a while ago, I was walking across the school car park, there was an elder collecting his grandson. First I got the startled rabbit in head-lights look when he saw me, then he turned his head right away and looked up (so he was walking in a very funny position). Unfortunatly he walked stright into a kerb and nearly fell into a car that was parked. It cheered me up no end

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I am DA’d. About a month ago, I was filling up my van at a Chevron Station. a van load of Jws out in service pulls up right across from me to get gas. I look over and they are pointing me out to a man in the front seat that I did not know.

I hop in my van and started to move away. I glanced over at the Jws in the van, and the unfamiliar person in the front seat was holding up a WT, arms stretched out towards me like it was a cross and I was a vampire! Very weird feeling came over me.........

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LOL! That is funny... I've only gotten the "deer in headlights" look.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• 2SYN
    2SYN

ThiChi: *ROFLMAO* I think that's the funniest ever! Ehehe! They must have thought you were the spawn of Satan or something!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• rhett
    rhett

You should invite them over for a seance. Tell them you're going to get in touch with Russell for some "new light."

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Yes, it was very, very weird. As I drove off, he followed me with his WT! In the past, I would just smile or wave. But this time it got to me. What a bunch of freaks.......

However, I do wonder what was said about me to that poor man in the front seat............

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

LoL. Oh man that is out there. Hey ThiChi, it would have been funny if you would have got out of your van and walked over to their's, and said yes Ill take that watchtower thanks for offering it to me. Wow, first house to house preaching, now van to van, what will the GB think of next?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit