Funny Shunning....

by Scully 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The person that was driving the van was Dan Huber, a good (institutional) JW friend, and one of the very few I CC my DA letter to. It just does not matter, when you are out, the worst is thought of you! Next time, I will try to spew green matter at them, or start rolling around on the ground......heheeeheeeee

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

That is so, so funny Skully. Can't you just see her running back to the sisters with her "news"? I bet that with pursed lips and self-righteousness dripping from her voice she tells them with great animation that she saw you and though you tried to talk to her, she turned away because she is a christian and certainly can't be conversing with an apostate. Ho, ho, hee hee.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Scully

That is such a classic! I can just picture the type; I think every congregation must have had at least one of them! And doncha know that ol' hand-as-a-shield thing protects them from demon cooties! Yes, that's right, folks, demon cooties! If you don't have a handy Watchtower or Awake! mag, block them cooties with your hand!

Angharad, LOLOL That sounds priceless as well. See? There IS joy after leaving the WTS!

Dana

• Scully
    Scully

LOL thanks everyone for adding your funny shunning stories to mine. Having a sense of humour sure helps, and although I know as a JW I was guilty of participating in shunning, I sure hope I never made myself look so ridiculous!! Unfortunately, I fear that's not possible.... whenever I see pictures or TV shows from the 70's and 80's, I think, oh my god, what were they thinking?? seeing the hairstyles and clothes from those years.... there are pictures to prove that I was just as bad!! LOL

Love, Scully

• Scully
    Scully

PS to Dana, which would have been added via an editing feature that had not been disabled, but instead allows me to add another post to my credit....

Hey, 11 more posts until you make Jedi wanna make it happen today??

Love, Scully

• Xena
    Xena

aposta-ray I love that Ang!!!! Who knew when we became apostates would get super powers! lol I would have left a LONG time ago!

Funny, pathetic and yet sad stories...

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

ooh scully, you have whetted my appetite now ... i've only been da'd for a fortnight and still waiting for my first encounter and thus my first genuine experience of being shunned ...

on a semi-serious side, despite being able to laugh, does it actually sadden you too ?

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Scully,

You noticed! I've been keeping an eye on my posts. I'm not sure that I'm really cut out for the dark side. I'm the "diet-coke of evil"

But hey, a person can change, can't they?? Huh...bring on that light sabre baby!

Dana

• Scully
    Scully

Dana:

"the diet coke of evil"??? hahahahahahahahahaha

now, if you'd said "the diet PEPSI of evil", well then we'd have something to work with.... I just don't know....

from the "diet lemon coke of evil" (do you even have that in the US??)
    Love, Scully

by the way, I think every girl needs a light sabre in her wardrobe...

• Scully
    Scully

alliwannadoislive writes:

ooh scully, you have whetted my appetite now ... i've only been da'd for a fortnight and still waiting for my first encounter and thus my first genuine experience of being shunned ...
    on a semi-serious side, despite being able to laugh, does it actually sadden you too ?

honestly?? the only sadness I feel is that I used to think what she was doing was ok... now, I feel very glad that I can talk to whomever I wish, whenever I wish, and that my REAL friends have the same freedom of communication and association.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit