Favorite food at Assemblies

by finnrot 47 Replies latest jw friends

• finnrot
    finnrot

I hated growing up as a Witness. I hated the boring ass meetings where you could hear a pin drop on the floor, I hated going door to door and I hated not being normal like the other kids.
    But the one thing I liked was going to the Assemlies at the Oakland Coliseum. I would wander around and find other kids to goof around with. We generally didn't give a rats ass about the talks going on on stage, but I did stop and watch some of the plays that they always put on, they looked like they were having fun with the costumes and the acting.
    I remember spending a lot of time with my Dad outside of the Coliseum where they had the food vendors, the food was always great, at least that's the way I remember it. My favorite was the cantaloupe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the hollowed out center. It's funny, I never have that anymore, maybe that will be my project for the weekend!

By the way, I lurk here all the time, this is definitely my favorite web site, thanks Simon. Oh, and I think I'm in love with LDH :-)

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Welcome to our little fold finn.

HEY!!!!!! WE NEVER GOT CANTALOUPE WITH ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU GET THAT???????

• LB
    LB

I loved the peanut butter & M&M sandwiches

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• finnrot
    finnrot

Thanks for the welcome Dazed. I'm talking about the '70s, they probably stopped that by the time you got there. ;-(

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett.

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

I liked the apple danishes. I found you can get them at McDonalds now.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Hi college girl. The apple danishes at McDonalds used to be a lot better. A few years ago they changed to a danish that is nasty crunchy on the outside and hardly has any apples inside. When I was growing up and up until a few years ago, McDonalds apple pies were thin smooth crust and stuffed full of apples.

Terry Pratchett.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Vanilla Pudding. I'd take little bites so it would last longer. :)

• Francois
    Francois

The powdered scrambled eggs and the over-cooked bacon, yum.

FT

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• LDH
    LDH

Finnrot,

I've got my eye on you!

Lisa

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

finn, I was well indoctrinated in the 70's but I still don't remember the cantaloupe & ice cream *sighs*. What I DID look forward to was the turkey slop on a bisquit. Can't rem.....oh, wait....chicken a la king. I looked forward to that. Even though we couldn't afford it....we would go out to eat because that would make my dad sick....EVERYTIME!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit