"Your good example is much needed for the young ones the congregation."

by Yondaime 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Whatever you do, don't try the depression dodge. I did that when I was trying to fade away and my Dad prescribed 6 months vacation pioneering as the only cure!

(I did the VP for 3 months and eventually got put on restrictions for loving my neighbour a little too well)

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty
    What a coward! So he is doing all that so his momma doesn't throw him out on the street with nothing but $142 in his pocket? And you all think he is so amazing!?? He should grow some balls and be true to himself! (Obviously his momma won't throw him out if he is still at school). He is just an attention seeking idiot who needs to grow up.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

Nitty.. i would not go so far as to say he is a coward. He is young. Hell, i wish I had the stones to contemplate leaving when I was still living at home. I would say he is inexperienced at worst.... not a bad thing at all. He is coming here for advice so good for him.

Get out bro.... you have little (relatively speaking of course) to lose. If you get out now you will never regret it! Dont allow your mother to shun you and sorry to say it but your friends are not really your friends if they shun you. Good luck... NUKE THEM!

pbrow

• cappytan
    cappytan
    What a coward!

Says the keyboard warrior hiding behind an anonymous username.

So he is doing all that so his momma doesn't throw him out on the street with nothing but $142 in his pocket?

Have you ever heard of empathy?

And you all think he is so amazing!??

Apparently the elders do too.

He should grow some balls and be true to himself!

Being true to oneself takes time. If it is a simple matter, an overnight kind of thing, for someone to be true to oneself, that must mean there's not much to that vacuous personality. They likely have certain traits such as calling random people on the Internet cowards and telling them to grow some balls.

(Obviously his momma won't throw him out if he is still at school).

It has happened before.

He is just an attention seeking idiot who needs to grow up.

I'll let the irony of that statement sink in. You have just written a post calling someone you don't know a coward, calling his manhood into question, etc. Who is the attention seeking idiot who needs to grow up again?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I'm sure Nitty-Gritty, if you were to reveal some of your history as a JW, we would be able to insult you too.

Never fails to surprise me the judgmental attitudes of some members on this board. It is as if they are still Jehovah's Witnesses.

I know of several JW who kicked their family members out at young ages, and nothing was done by law enforcement. I've seen mothers bring their daughters to the OBYN to see if they are still virgins. Never underestimate what a cult member is able or willing to do.

I think some of the ones who insult other members on this board are truly mad at themselves. I've seen prior Elders who were in this religion for 30 years left and went into another religion, and now is an Atheist. Those same people insult those who still believe in God. Or people in a bad marriage call people on this board pedophiles because they marry someone 20 years their junior. I always go back and read a posters history that is insulting others. Seems to be an underlining theme of anger that they misdirect to others here.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"And you all think he is so amazing!??"

I love someone who can scam a con artist. This cult disguised as a religion has done a great deal of damage to others. It just goes to show THERE IS NO HOLY SPIRIT. Funny as hell!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Yep my friends brother got thrown out of the house at 16 by his presiding overseer father.

Yondaime, bide your time. Work your ass off and save money for college and independence.

And good luck.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I left with less $ than that. It sucked but I survived. Create an exit plan and leave as soon as you're old enough.

Learned helplessness. Start to become incompetent. Say dumb things when you answer at the wt study. Stumble over your words. When you give a talk, do a bad job. Ask silly questions about how to use the mic & drop it often so they aren't confident you'll do it correctly. Whatever they want you to do, don't be good at it.

In the preaching work, say ridiculous things to people if you have to talk at all, stumble over your words and say accurate but extreme jw teachings. Blurt out, "We know Armageddon is coming any day now--could be today. Everyone who doesn't join is going to be destroyed by God right away. Would you be interested in a free home bible study? Better hurry."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit