"Your good example is much needed for the young ones the congregation."

by Yondaime 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Hey guys n gals, sorry its been such a long time since I've posted. Lately I've been very busy balancing between my school work and cult activities.

Since I've been doing pretty well "spiritually"(enough field-circus hours, attending meetings, underlining my literatrash, reading, praying and serving as the mic-master) my Coordinator grabbed me to the side after a meeting and talked to me for twenty minutes straight congratulating me about how good I am doing.

Then he paused for a good five seconds and got all serious.

Then he proceeded to tell me that the young ones in the hall aren't doing too well. He told me that me and my older brother are the pillars of the youth in the congregation.

Now, you might think the young people in my hall are just not really active in the organization(i.e the kids who never get dunked at assemblies, or just hate being witnesses, want to be being normal teenagers). But in reality a number of them are in some really deep s***. Some of them have been involved in some things that are so bad I can't even give details on what they've done on this forum. I'd be running the risk of giving my identity away. Lets just say some of their actions were similar to a that of a man named Jonathan Kendrick.

My congregation has such a bad rap in the circuit its not even funny. My BOE is probably the most looked down upon BOE in the history of jwdom.

If my parents or anyone in the hall knew that I no longer believed the WBTS is god's organization, it would hit like a nuke. They think my brother and I are the only hope for the young people in my age group. I feel like there is this unnecessary pressure thrown on my me, its so freaking annoying.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ Yondaime:

So are you being asked to be a servant?

• a watcher
    a watcher
    Did you think living a double life would be easy?
  • Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Wow that's amazing you're awake and have them so perfectly fooled. I wonder how they will take it when and if you decide to leave. I'm curious are you getting a promotion? And would you accept it if they did. I wonder if anyone who's ever been awake has actually worked their way through the ranks just to learn more about the inside and be a mole.
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

It's unfair to have that pressure put on you.

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

Even though the youth in your congregation seem to be into some bad things, it's still encouraging to be reminded that the org is losing them. So many congregations that I observed as a visiting speaker are almost entirely populated by golden oldies. Soon these die-hards will all be gone, and who will be left?

Long live the internet!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You know it's getting pretty bad in JW-dom when the closeted Apostates are being praised as the "spiritually strong ones" in the Congregation, and being groomed for Elder positions. The irony!!!!!

So much for "Holy Spirit" directing the Shepherds and having say in selecting leadership. Or maybe it is? Maybe Holy Spirit is now trying to work "righteous hearted ones" into local leadership roles to offset the wolves that had taken over and fleeced the flock for so long? Maybe this is YHWH setting things right? Nah.....they are all just full of crap and need more tools and minions to do their bidding. They have no idea you are "awake" and hip to their crap. I'd get promoted, then some evening late at night go thru the entire Congregation files getting all the dirt on the pedo's, etc. I'd then turn them all into the police with copies of the JC forms of what they did.

Screw 'em all, let Holy Spirit sort them out.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime
    @ My Name is of No Consequence

He didn't ask me that straight up, but I have a feeling he'll pop the question sooner or later. I'll be Mortified when they talk to me about it.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime
    @ Question_Mans_interpretation
    I have a feeling they'll try to promote me sooner or later. I'm most likely going to decline and give them some excuse as to why I do not think I am qualified.
  • sir82
    sir82

Why are you setting such a "good example"?

Drop your field service report down to 4 hours per month or less, stop commenting, stop underlining your Watchtower, and soon enough they will leave you alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit