My Parents just bought Crisis of Conscience!!

by ashitaka 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

my....how the walls come crumbling down.

My father and mother ordered Coc and In search of Christian Freedom Tonite.....when talking about Freeminds.org they call Randy Waters, 'Randy'. I can't believe it.

I HAVEN'T EVEN READ COC, AND ISOCF!!

But my parents ordered the books tonite....I think my whole fam is going to be alright.

ashi

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

That's great, Ashitaka.

Now you've got to read very fast to stay ahead of them!

Today hubby and I donated COC and ISOCF to the local library! The more who read the better informed jws will be!

j2bf

• Amazing
    Amazing

Ashi: Fantastic ... keep us posted about how they react, and things as they discover them ... thanks for sharing this with us.

• Scully
    Scully

ashi:

COOL!!!

Love, Scully

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ashi,I`m happy for you.I should be so lucky...OUTLAW

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

ashitaka,

This is a phenomenon. How did you get so far as you have without reading at least C of C?
    I enjoyed your story and admire you. Now you will be able to help your parents most be letting them help you. Ask them frequently what they are learning from Ray’s books. Give them the pride of discovery and sharing with you the truth. Then get the books and read them yourself. What a wonderful opportunity to help your family.

Jst2laws

• DB
    DB

ashi, I just finished the book myself, returning it to the local library. Yes, please update us as to the reactions they have. It's quite a book, and as a jw for 28 years, I can say that it opened my eyes to some things and confirmed my feelings about other matters.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Ashi,

Seems some of your dreams are coming true huh? (don't be pinching yourself, you really are awake)

I just finished reading "Crisis of Conscience" tonight.
    Borough it from your folks as soon as they finish it. Its like the final leap to freedom.
    I'd been wanting to read it for along time and reading Amazings story of his journey out finally was the push I needed to get me to order it (thanks Amazing).
    I have 3 people waiting in line to read this book. Even one of the guys at work wants to read it. I want my Jr Apostate Pin now!

My very best to both your Mom and Dad

Sunny

• terafera
    terafera

California,
    I know what you mean, I have 3 people who want to read my CofC book too!

I guess something kept so 'hidden' is a little mysterious.. I know for myself, I wondered, 'what could it possibly say?'
    I never guessed it would mention so many things that were downright malicious and wrong.

It's definately an eye opener and an interesting read.

(Hiya DB!!)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ashi,

That is great news! C of C was the book that did it for me.

You picked your parents very well! I know you'll have lots of years of great times with them as a result of their open-mindedness.

I wish my parents would/could change. Well I won't say "never". But the phrases "hell freezing over" and "monkeys flying" come to mind.

J.R.Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit