FLAG NIGHT AT THE KINGDOM HALL

by Danielson 20 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate man
    apostate man

BTW, I am starting to believe that I know more about this "religion" than even some of you dubs. Its called research!!!!!!!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Why would they end their prayer with "In Jesus Name"?

because ALL Jw's end their prayers that way. Every time.

• Danielson
    Danielson

To possibly settle this issue when I said AMEN to that!, I was following in the great tradition of many charasmatic and Baptist traditions where AMEN! is used in every other sentence. Thank you.

• rhett
    rhett

I used to wear ties designed by Jerry Garcia all the time to meetings. What was funny was that I would get more compliments on those than anything else I wore.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• apostate man
    apostate man

OK, maybe I am wrong about that ALL jw's end it that way. I heard it was "and through the name of Jesus Christ". But even so, why? When I pray I say "in Jesus Name, Amen", because I believe Jesus and God are one. Not an angel or king or whatever. Jesus was the human incarnation of God. So why would JW's pray to Jesus and not Jehovah????

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    BTW, I am starting to believe that I know more about this "religion" than even some of you dubs. Its called research!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I have 23 years of EXPERIENCE as a Jehovah's Witness. Only thing it's good for is to correct factual errors like this.

Its all Jehovah this and Jehovah that. Why would they end their prayer with "In Jesus Name"? ... When I pray I say "in Jesus Name, Amen", because I believe Jesus and God are one. Not an angel or king or whatever. Jesus was the human incarnation of God. So why would JW's pray to Jesus and not Jehovah????
    For a JW, praying in Jesus' name is not the same as praying to Jesus. Long ago, I saw it explained thus:

Jehovah is the only true god, so it is illegitimate to pray to everyone else. However, the Bible says Jesus is the only way to approach god, so you have to recognize his authority, and that's why we pray "in Jesus' name."

In other words, they do it because they feel they have to. If you're saying that your JW friends don't pray "in Jesus' name", maybe they've decided to reduce cognitive dissonance*. I will corroborate* your perception that JW's really have very little use for Jesus.

I'd offer you scriptural citations, but I've forgotten them all.

GentlyFeral

*pray for me: these are the shortest words I know.

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Hi Apostateman

I don't mean to join the bandwagon, but over here in the UK, we all ended our prayers with "in Jesus name, Amen". Our roughly like that.

Changing the subject back to daring things - I was always REALLY tempted to wear TROUSERS to the kingdumb hall - unfortunately i never had the courage to do it. Dam!

And by the way - for those not in the know (Apostateman) - it is not advisable for sisters to wear trousers to the kingdumb hall, unless she wants to be counselled by some brother wearing a really BAD 70's shiny suit!!

Nowfree

• apostate man
    apostate man

All right already!!!! Hows this? Wear a cross on a necklace to KH. OR put a big S on your hand. Maybe sport a beard. Get your nose peirced. A big "WT" tattoo on your arm. A figure of Mary in your car. The letter "A" on your garmet. A "support freedom" bumper sticker. A big ole nasty hicky on your neck. HA, Now that would be a hoot.

• mommy
    mommy

LOL Dan you are too much BTW I have emailed you count them THREE times. I keep getting an email back saying that I haven't emailed you! Hotmail stinks I had alot of my mail lost from there, some I had sent and some others sent me I never recieved. If you have Yahoo installed at me as a buddy and we can chat. Or you can email my hotmail account which I occasionally read[email protected].

Sorry about missing out this weekend. Weather is pretty nasty now, I hope you are inside somewhere safe. This wind is creeping me out MAN Jumping over to the weather channel to see what is heading our way or if it is almost over. Me hopes it is almost over.
    wendy(scared of storms class)

BTW Lisa Bwahahahaah you made me LOL I sent you an email about the recent goings on here, did you get?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hey,

Joy2bfree used to take Ray's Crisis of Conscience to the meetings to read. I used to sit in back with my laptop computer and write posts for this board during the meetings.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit