Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

by YoYoMama 27 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Well I'm off of work for the weekend. I hope everyone enjoys their time off (if not working this weekend). Enjoy time with the family. Do some Bible reading and just relax.

I will be meeting Sunday with my judicial committee for reinstatement. Wish me luck! I have made many stupid things in the past and I still need to work on many things. I want a relationship with Jehovah once again. I miss what I have lost. I have argued with some in this forum, but I do listen and only post what I feel. If some of those feelings or opinions seem like I am trolling, well I'm sorry but I can't change what is in my heart and what I think is right. Many accuse me of being brainwashed by the Witnesses. Well of course I am. I grew up as one. But I don't find a thing wrong in the doctrines we teach. There's been error on several fronts, but not in doctrine as I see it. But I will continue to pray, to read God's Word and to analyze.

Again, I wish everyone a very happy weekend!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Have a good weekend, too!

• ISP
    ISP

I hope you have a good weekend. Hope you fail in getting re-instated!. You will be better off!

ISP

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

YoYo Mama; thank you for such a genuine post. It was touching. And, although I am a sarcastic bastard (ooh, there's a thought, can you be deactivated for a personal attack on yoursefl), see, I do mean that.

Obviously I disagree; the truth need not hide, and there are times, you know, where you have had to 'hide' here, when presented with information that you could not dispute that conflicted with your worldview. But I also realise that whilst at some level, you may have this intellectual realisation, it has not fermented enough through the fibre of your being to touch your heart. And in your heart, you are still a Witness.

Whilst I cannot really wish you luck with regard to being re-instated, I can certainly say I hope it works out well for you in the end.

And wouldn't it be nice if our posts were always this constructive?

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I hope you won't be re-instated. This would be the best thing that could happen to you. It will open your eye to the hypocrisy of the WatchTower.

We become more attuned to the human condition when we recognize that God is not going to fix our problems.

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

Thanks, I will have a fantastic weekend!!

No meetings, no field service, no judicial BS!

Just good times with good friends! I'm going to a party tomorrow night to celebrate the life of a beautiful little 2 year old!!

Oh, and all that stuff about you being brainwashed? Relax, Hon, your life is in perfect order. If you are happy where you are on your personal journey, thank God!

It's just that some of us have grown weary of having other men tell us we have to continue THEIR little game of 'follow the leader' or they won't play with us any more....

"Kein Mensch muss mussen."

• JBean
    JBean

YoYo... have a great weekend yourself. I wish what's best for you re: your reinstatement meeting. I truly feel though that these "brothers" cannot see what is in your heart and really have no right whatsoever to judge you. And judging is what they are doing. I have seen plenty of examples in my life to know that God's spirit IS NOT present at these JC meetings. Anyhow, that said, if they see fit NOT to reinstate you, do not dispair... who you are inside and who you are to Jehovah has not changed. You need to believe in THAT. Jbean

• borgfree
    borgfree

I wish you luck Yoyo but not with being reinstated. I do read my bible every day, that is one of the main reasons why I left the WT. Try reading the whole bible, not just the assigned chosen few scriptures the WT tells you to read.

What I really wish for you, is that you prepare a letter of disassociation, then when, or if, they reinstate you, give them your letter. Tell them you have found out that they do not represent the true God, then seek that relationship with God that you desire.

Whatever you do, I wish you great happiness.

Borgfree

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." Lao-tzu
  • edster
    edster

old habits die hard

• riz
    riz

hey yoyo,

you gotta do whatever makes you happy. different strokes for different folks. you have a good weekend too!

riz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit