Death and Forgiveness

by Mommie Dark 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

My father died Wednesday night. He's been bedridden, paralyzed, and tube fed for nearly five years, so it was more release than tragedy.

Those of you who know my story will understand the miserable mix of emotions his passing has caused. The whole guilt and forgiveness issue shoved itself right up my nose into my forebrain. All the good memories are so tainted by the nasty ones that strolling down memory lane with my siblings is an exercise I confess I find to be a bit strenuous.

A friend sent me this link to a wonderful article on forgiveness and what it means to abuse survivors. I hope any of you who are living with effects of abuse can benefit from it as much as I have today.

. http://www.echonyc.com/~onissues/f95guilt.html

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((MD)))))))

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

MD, first of all, my condolences to you and your family.

As to the forgiveness issue, it certainly is a difficult thing to deal with given the history (nasty memories) you mention.

I can only say that by dealing with the issues head-on, as it appears you've done, you are taking an important step for yourself.

Boozy

p.s.The article made some very good points

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((((((((MommieDark)))))))))),

I can't really imagine all that you must be feeling and thinking right now so I won't insult either of us by pretending that I do. Please know that my thoughts and warm concern are with you. You offer so much wisdom for those of us who have suffered from abuse. I'm proud to call you a friend. (((((((MD)))))))

Love,
    Dana

• openminded
    openminded

((((((((((((((((((MD)))))))))))))))))

• TR
    TR

Hi MD. I'm so sorry that your father's death has to be this way. A person should be able to look back and not have scarred memorie about their parents.

I hope your burden has been eased a little.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• Angharad
    Angharad

Deepest sympathy to you and the family MD, take care.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

(((((mommie))))) i love ya mommie

• LDH
    LDH

((((MD))))

I'm sorry that the passing of your father was what brought you back to the board, but I confess I'm glad to see you for any reason.

Love and hugs,
    Lisa

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Be assured that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Its difficult to lose a parent under any circumstances and I hope that one day soon you will be able to resolve the issues that you have and find peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit