Death and Forgiveness

by Mommie Dark 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

So sad to hear of yur loss, yet even sadder to know that you are deprived of normal grief due to your father's dysfunctional behavior. It seems the pain caused by abusers is not relieved even at their death as the victims are left to try and cope with the havic caused by selfish people. As you know it was not your fault then, as it is not your fault now you are facing this loss with such mixed feelings. It is the person who abused and they will probably never accept the damage they have caused with true remorse.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

MD; I'm so sorry for your loss, sadness and conflict. Best wishes from me and Delilah.

Love, Gyles

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

(((mommie)))

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Mommie Dark:

I do not know your story, I was not able to find it. By your post I am guessing that maybe your father abused you somehow. This makes me very sad. I hope you are able to find peace. When you lose a father, a part of you is gone too.

I really do not know how to express myself too good, but I hope you find comfort and that your pain decreases with time. I will pray for you.

• JBean
    JBean

So sorry for your loss. It is a relief though to know that he is no longer suffering. My thoughts are with you. Jbean

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{Mommie D}}}}}

I lost my Dad about 3 weeks ago...I am very sorry.

Cyber hugs,
    Tina AKA puffs

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

MD,
    I haven't been able to read your previous post/s, and I haven't met you before.. but I guess you had abusive parent(s)..? I am sorry to hear that , I can draw parallels, even though no 2 stories are carried the same. I lost my Mum 4 years ago,( she was my physical and emotional abuser), I went thru many a painful time of guilt and the fact my Mum never forgave me for leaving the JW's, but I have made it thru the other side ...and, am now trying my best to be a good parent and person... I wish you all the best and offer sympathy on the loss of your Dad.. *HUGZ*

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Mommie, I'm tempted to say "congratulations on your loss". If it helps, great; if not, rip me a new one :)

Someone on the WomBAT email list lost an abusive parent a few weeks back, and couldn't figure out why she was grieving. Further discussion teased out the idea that she grieved for what might have been. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

Gently Feral.

• mommy
    mommy

((((Mommie)))))
    I love ya
    wendy

• larc
    larc

MD,

I am sorry to hear about your loss and the very strong mix of emotions that you are feeling. It's gotta be tough right now.

I had similiar feelings when my father died. This was not caused by abuse. It was caused by my father's cold distance and lack of affection.

Hang in there, kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit