New Arrival Chez Grundy

by Joe Grundy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

Happy for you, Joe. You have emerged from a thicket of thorns and are standing with a beautiful meadow before you. naturally, you will forget the struggle in the jungle the more you jump into the present with optimism.

Best to you!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Congrats !

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Many thanks for all your comments.

I should make it absolutely clear that I am not making any generalised judgemental comments about women from a particular country or region.

Re. 'sweet and submissive' women - I am sure that some (or many) Western men have this misconception, and some SEA women play on this. I had a couple of relationships with SEA ladies before I met my ex-wife and I certainly wasn't looking for her to be anything other than an equal partner. There was a lot of deception and she is a good actress and manipulator. But I wish her well - it's not my problem any more.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Sounds like you had a lucky escape...I even feel relieved for you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

LOL BP

Congrats Joe Grundy

smiddy

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This is just my opinion, but I think some men suffer from the 'White Knight' syndrome (think 'John Wayne' for US friends) where we can 'rescue' some poor female and make her life better. I know I do, and I am a sucker for a hard-luck story and tears - especially from an attractive woman. I know that I'm not alone in this and in some ways it's the way we were brought up - the gentleman going to the aid of the lady in distress.

Crazy, really, of course - particularly in modern times (and in Western cultures) where sexual equality prevails. I don't think it's necessarily a generational thing. But I still open doors and give up my seat for a woman or carry bags for her.

Unforunately (again IMO) there are some women who recognise and take advantage of this.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You are a gentleman...and some people see that as weakness.

I have been an enabler...now that is a weakness...I was the sucker that got taken for a ride, quite a few times. It's not just men it happens too.

There are good people out there. Lots of them. But you do need to be careful.

• Scott77
    Scott77

May someone eloborate on "'White Knight' syndrome". This interesting term is new to me.

Scott77

• transhuman68

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit