New Arrival Chez Grundy

by Joe Grundy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, Joe - they are out there - my lady escaped from Viet Nam at the end of the war in 1975, and we have been together for over 25 years.

• talesin
    talesin

All the best, Joe Grundy. You must feel relieved that it's over.

It's hard to have your dreams crushed, and your trust destroyed. It's good that you are not bitter. Some people are just bad news, and they are usually experts in manipulation. It sounds like quite a harrowing experience all round. It can happen to anyone. My sincere wish is that you will meet someone who loves you truly, madly, deeply.

xo

tal

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Now We Are Free" - Lisa Gerrard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xButjfhZWVU

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Joe, my personal philosophy is rooted in Neitzche - "that which does not kill me makes me stronger." We can take something of value from every experience, no matter how difficult that experience is.

Sorry you've had to go through this. Being used and betrayed by someone you love is a horrible thing to experience. I hope you can continue to gain strength from it and move forward. Sounds like you are well on your way already.

• clarity
    clarity

Dear Joe ... so sorry for the heart ache in your life,

>

it is a bummer for sure. Congrats on your divorce!

>

You do sound like a strong person, and I hope

>

that you will act from that strong position from now on.

>

At times, men are too quick to assign too much 'innocence' to women!

>

Especially, ...... can I say it ........... to fragile, childlike women!

>

This may not be so in your case, of course. Forgive my brazeness!

>

I'm in Canada and sometimes when I see the 'average' Canuck with a pretty,

>

very slender, sweet looking Asian ..... I aways wonder if the guy thinks that he

now has someone who will be very submissive (won't yell or talk back & obey),

--you know ........not like us bigger, assertive canuck women!!

>

I think in a lot of cases there is a big surprise ...... real soon!

>

Help me out here Joe, is this observation full of hot air,

>

or does it have some legitimacy?

>

Anyway....glad that this nightmare is behind you.

>

I wish you great happiness in the future.

>

Look forward to your posts .....

clarity

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

>

I'm in Canada and sometimes when I see the 'average' Canuck with a pretty,

>

very slender, sweet looking Asian ..... I aways wonder if the guy thinks that he

now has someone who will be very submissive (won't yell or talk back & obey),

--you know ........not like us bigger, assertive canuck women!!

>

I think in a lot of cases there is a big surprise ...... real soon!

Well, my "average Canuck Joe" hubby may agree with your above comment especially on his Asian wife not being very submissive or talk back. Those submissive days are over with along with her former belief , the Watchtower nonsense. Not bad for him though, for a middle age man who started his second chance with nothing, finding himself secure financilly than ever has been in his retiring age. His frugal and know-how-to-handle-money Asian wife truned out to be more than a slender, sweet lo oking woman.

The Secret is instead of getting hook up with a woman who deseperately trying to get out of her native Country or their current situation in seeking a sugar daddy, finding a woman who is happy with where and who they are but willing to move whereever for a true companionship. Don't offer any financial assistance(especially in the begining of relationship) except your heart.

Joe, at least you were wise enough not to become a witness when your were persuaded. I was a big time sucker for the Watchtower. Don't we all learning from our past mistake?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Joe, I hope these Groucho Marx quips puts a smile on your face-

" Women should be obscene and not heard."

"Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?"

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Congrats Joe, and good job of only coming out with only a scar!

My buddy in the military in the 1980s was a Philipino with a great heart (he was the first from his family to come to the States, and then he sponsored the others over), but he told me stories of the brutality of life in a 3rd World country, stuff like how young kids would dive into open sewers when American tourists would find it funny to throw a quarter in there, just to watch them dive in... Kids scouring trash heaps, looking for food, etc.

Life is pretty cheap in some parts of the World, and many of the people coming from there are obviously tainted from that environment. He's done well as an American citizen: he made a fortune in real estate, and now lives comfortably...

• Scott77
    Scott77

Sorry Joe Grundy. This must have been a difficult time for you. Glad its over. Someone stated, that the most best things lies a head and are better than those left behind. I think, that may applies to you. Best wishes for a new life a head.

Scott77

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Blindnomore so true,

This is not in any connection with Joe Grundy but to

address your comments ....

>

When my Asian friend first came to Canada, she was not fluent in english,

& her husband thought he was going teach her not only english

but everything else too! His way!

He actually looked down on her as she didn't understand her rights as a wife.

That is, until I filled her in.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit