Scriptures JWs Would Prefer to Ignore

by Room 215 38 Replies latest jw friends

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello

add to the list....

whether those before John the baptist had or looked forward to a heavenly hope...

MATHHEW 8:11 "I tell you that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob IN THE KINGDOM OF THE HEAVENS."

HEBREWS 11:16 "But now they (faithful men of old) are reaching out for a better place, that is, ONE BELONGING TO HEAVEN."

HEBRWS 11:10 "Abraham was awaiting the city having real foundations, the builder and maker of which city is God."

NOW THIS ONE YOU HAVE TO USE THE JW GREEK INTERLINEAR. It will blow you away.

REVELATION 5:10 "And you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule *UPON* the earth." The NWT says "over the earth", but their Greek Interlinear says "upon the earth."

So.........any more

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• Will Power
    Will Power

MATHHEW 8:11 "I tell you that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob IN THE KINGDOM OF THE HEAVENS."

That's at Beth Sarim right? San Diego? I've been there, it's real nice.

• blindfool
    blindfool

Great Topic:
    here are a few of my favorites(I'm using the Good News Bible so I hope you'll understand the difference in wording)

Galatians 3:11- Now, it is clear that no one is put right with God by means of the Law, because the scripture says, "Only the person who is put right with God through faith shall live."

Galatians 5:14-For the whole Law is summed up in one commandment: "Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

Galatians 6: 1-2-My brothers, if someone is caught in any kind of wrong doing, those of you who are spiritual should set him right; but you must do it in a gentle way. And keep an eye on yourselves, so that you will not be tempted, too. Help carry one anothers burdens, and in this way you will obey the law of Christ.

I bet you've figured out, I kind'a like Galatians.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

I happen to like using their own favorite but equally ignored verse:
    Isaiah 43:10:
    'You are my witnesses', declares Yahweh, 'and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed nor shall there be one after .'

JWs use the first half as their name so we all are familiar with it but it's the second half of that very same verse that causes trouble. In my experience with them they don't read the second half unless they have to .
    As you can read it says that no god was formed/created before nor after Yahweh so when exactly does the JWs 'a god' Jesus get created?

Another faovorite that someone reminded me of on this board was about how the JWs want to calim all of Israels titles and blessings because spiritually, they are now Israel. The verse is in the NT and says that Israel will be in total darkness until the very end. I guess that means the WT is in darkness for now, makes sense . (I'll look up the reference if someone wants me too)
    Most of the Bible is problematic for them, What they didn't changethrough their 'translation' they confuse with obscre wording or just simply shrug it off.
    Must..... stay.... loyal.... to... mother... Org......[xx)]

• termite 35
    termite 35

'if anyone makes an addition to these things,God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy,God will take his portion away from the trees of lifeand out of the holy city'.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Re: Scriptures JWs Would Prefer to Ignore

There's about twenty thousand more that I can think of.

• jerome
    jerome

In the beginning when i was now just starting to look in the jws I was examining their bible especially there defence of the verse john 1:1.

I found this website which defended the NWT.

http://users.eggconnect.net/noddy3/pageindex.htm

Later I found out that the site is OWNED BY JWS but may be operated by another indivisual.

Well it very interesting that the only people that tend to defend the NWT are jws themselves!

Now that I know the kind of things that the Watchtower is capable of this website has loss nearly all of its credibity in my eyes.

The site especially quotes alot of scholars who apparently support their claims. But with their history of misquotes and outright lies I just cant trust that website.

If anybody decides to check it out and does actually find a misquote I would really like to know. thanks.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jerome
    jerome

I just noticed that they have a pol asking you to vote on what is your opinion of the NWT

They give you the options of

Very poor
    Poor
    Average
    Above aragee
    Best!

Guess whish one I chose

Its amazing howmany people have voted it the Best bible translation.

I guess that they advertized it among other Jws.

Go figure...

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

How about the first few verses of John 8 (I think..forgive me, I don't have my bible with me at work) the story about the woman who was about to be stoned by the Pharisees, and he told them 'Whichever among you is without sin, cast the first stone' and then when all the little Pharisees ran off in shame, he told the woman to 'Repent and sin no more.' That's it!!! He didn't disfellowship her or publicly reprove her or anything of the sort. I think that JWs argue that those verses are not in the original manuscripts or something like that. That is my fave scripture to bring up when my grandmother wants to talk about how the judicial committee is God's invention. Francois, you beat me to the holy spirit scriptures...my grandmother reverts to her 'well Jehovah has ALWAYS had an organization' argument whenever we get to these.' Does Yoyo believe in a literal hellfire? I would think she does by the way she wields(sp?) that scripture in Isaiah. Now that's quite apostatestolic!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm glad this thread is still running, so here's another from Ozzie's own 'Reasoning from the Scriptures'

Isaiah 44:24 "I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens BY MYSELF and spreading out the earth ALL ALONE."

Kinda disproves their "Master Worker" doctrine, doesn't it?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit