Scriptures JWs Would Prefer to Ignore

by Room 215 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

Here are my nominations for Scripture JWs would like to see go away. In all cases they're reduced to the ``yes, but'' defense; i.e. `yes I know what it says, but"......]

John 14:2-- ``In my father's house are many mansions."

John 6:51-- ``Iam the living bread that came down from heaven....if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.''

Romans 8:14-- ``ALL who are led by God's spirit, these are God's sons.''

Romans 11: 26-31-- ``All Israel shall be saved.''

And, of course, 1 Tim: 2:5,6 -- ``One mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus"

Have you any nominations for this list?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Oh, Yeah!
    How about this one: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 ASV

"Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." John 20:28 NWT

I let others post some of theirs.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Matt 28:20 "I am with you until the conclusion of the system of things"

Col. 1:16 All things were created by him

John 1:1 !!!!!

John 3:3 "Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God"

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Will Power
    Will Power

Rev 1:17-18
    .."Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last,
    18 and the living Once; and I was dead and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of hades.

1Thes 4:16
    For the Lord*(make sure you check foot note) Himself will descent from heaven with a shout, and with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Rev 22:12-13
    "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Check WT history to find out who they say is coming. Talk about a flip flop. Jesus, Jehovah, Jesus, Jehovah. Proves they do NOT know who God is any more than most. Old light, new light, zig zag course, never coming to an understanding.

Its one thing to get some minor players wrong when starting a new religion but OMG shouldn't the main characters be in place?

• Francois
    Francois

I like the following because they are all inclusive and not in the least restricted by the application of these scriptures by the JDubs to themselves. Of course, they attempt to restrict the application, but that is nothing but mere wishful thinking and the tradition of men, that is, the governing body. So I submit herewith the following in support of Room 215's beautiful reminder of Romans 18:

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
    [21] And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

On Pentecost, the Spirit of Truth was poured out upon ALL flesh; upon everyone. And to the very day, each human being has within him this Spirit:

Luke.17:[21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

So then it is inescapeable that Romans 18 applies to ALL, because ALL have God's Spirit within, and those who accept its leading are indeed God's children.

And nowhere do we find any mention of any "organization." God's spirit is upon us all, and has been since Pentecost. Our relationship to God is direct. We are his sons and daughters. We need no mediator but Jesus.

$0.02.

Francois

P.S. Yes, I am aware that the JDubs translate the word in Acts 17 as "in your midst," and not as "within you." However, an eighth grader could disprove that in about ten minutes. The Pharisees of Jesus' day rejected this idea, and so do their modern counterparts, the entire leadership structure of Jehovah's Witnesses, today's Pharisees.

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• sadiejive
  • Dutchie
    Dutchie

Ecclesiates 12:12 "As regards anything besides this my son, take a warning: To the MAKING OF MANY BOOKS there is no end and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh".

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

“...but the man of thinking abilities is hated.”—Proverbs 14:17b

“For in the abundance of wisdom there is an abundance of vexation, so that he that increases knowledge increases pain.”—Ecclesiastes 1:18 (And don’t we know it!)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Where to begin??

Luke 16:19-31 - The rich man and Lazarus parable. I've had more than one elder or CO say right out that they cannot understand why Jehovah allowed that one to be part of the Scriptures!

Several verses: Jude 18, 1 Pe. 4:17, Rev. 14:7, 1Co. 10:11, - show that the 1st Century Christians thought they were living in the last days and the time of the end.

And I have to agree with Francois (though you called me ignorant in Sleepy's 'Why Don't Monkeys Tell Stories' thread. That may be because you dislike evolutionists and atheists. Yes? No? No hard feelings.). At Acts 2:17, Joel's prophecy (1:15) is applied to the events of Pentecost, and this is also called the Last Days there. And if the events of Pentecost actually happened, they fulfill Joel's prophecy directly. None of those things Joel mentions happened around 1914 when the WTS says the Last Days began.

All these verses: Joel 1:15, Zeph. 1:7, Rev. 1:1, 1:3, 3:11, 13:11,12, 14:7, Ja. 5:8, 1 Co. 10:11. They each indicate that the Day of Jehovah is near, or the presence of the lord has drawn close, etc. Yet, they were made over a period of 1000 years, and the last one was stated about 2000 years ago. These verses were a major factor in making me realize that the Bible was simply not a reliable book. The Bible writers began the tradition the WTS has so faithfully carried on in our time - the constant cry of "the end is really, really, really close."

Yeah, sure.
    S4

• Will Power
    Will Power

"the kingdom of God is within you."

The nail on the head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit