Theory of Evolution Simplified

by darth frosty 49 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

OK I realllyyyyyy dont care where we come from!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just mainly dont believe the story as we have been told. I found this to be a good SIMPLE breakdown to explain the theory of evolution and thought I would share.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

You'd be surprised how few people can (or will allow themselves to) understand even that simplified version...

• Heaven
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Looks like some of that harmful propaganda kids learn in college these days.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's not like it's hard to understand, genetics and evolution is one of the more simple sciences, it's really mindblowing how simple reproduction is.

The problem is that people don't WANT to understand and therefore use a red herring like 'we are/evolved from monkeys'. The convoluted idea of a deity is so engrained in their psyche that it's really hard to de-brainwash them.

The proof is all around us and one of the easiest to obtain and test (any bacteria like yeast, an oven and a couple of clean containers) sadly people rather like being told what to do and what to think by their pastor, as long as they don't have to think for themselves they'll accept any explanation.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

We didn't evolve from a common ancestor. The extent of evolution you can see in Black people vs white people. There are many genetic differences. Just on the physical part alone though, black people are the result of thousands of years in hot open sunlight mostly naked. Nordic people are the result of thousands of years of light weak sun exposure, many months of darkness throughout the year. That is evolution. Everything was created, whether by God Almightly or long down the chain of beings and the Earth being comparable to one of us humans creating a video game with intelligient AI.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Actually, genetics tests show there is more genetic variation within a defined 'race' that there is between separate 'races'. I think you should look into that.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

newchapter - I am talking personalities and stereotypes. People are quick to call racism for stereotypes but they are observations on a majority or big percentage and it can be the culture for some of it, but some is just in them.

Especially those who do not believe in God or anything should be very much in agreement with this. Take dogs and birds for example. Dogs have many breeds and some are known to be aggresive and some very playful/mild. Acknowledging and speaking about those isn't that racist? Or birds, the cockatoo for example almost all of them are very mild will allow you pet them and love to cuddle, almost every one you can see in a store. Also most african greys are the most gifted speakers. They are both birds though.

Human races have differences, some based on culture some genetics but they are there.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    newchapter - I am talking personalities and stereotypes. People are quick to call racism for stereotypes but they are observations on a majority or big percentage and it can be the culture for some of it, but some is just in them.

i can't tell if this is for real, or if this is a joke

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No you were not talking stereotypes because you talked gentics and skin color and said we were at different points in evolution.

Do not tell me what I should be in agreement with. I don't believe in any gods, but I understand a few things about genetics.

Race is a social/ political designation that cannot be defined genetically or scientifically in any way.

We do have differences based on culture, naturally, but that is geographical. In other words, if a very light skinned person were subjected to the same culture as a very darked skinned person, and all other things being equal, they would share similarities with each other regardless of race.

Now when genetic flow is limited, there will be certain traits that can become concentrated in a geographical area. For instance, there is a very small community of a Jewish sect that has a high rate of 6 fingers on the hand. This is genetic, and passed on through the Founder effect and maintained through genetic drift. We also observe a much higher rate of Sickle Cell Anemia in those with recent African origins---because Sickle Cell Trait (meaning inheriting the trait from only one parent rather than two, so the disease never develops fully) protects an individual from malaria.

But at our core, we are not different. Our potential, our brains, our ability to live by codes of conduct etc. is the same. What you are saying seems to be indicating a much bigger difference. The fact is, we simply have not been separated long enough to incur significant differences, and now that we are global, we never will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit