Latest "Questions From Readers" - who wrote in with this question?!

by cedars 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Seriously though, who writes this stuff??!

WatchTards..

................................... ...OUTLAW

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

SBF says:

They have been writing their own questions for decades.

No doubt the JW lawyers confirmed that it was technically not lying to call the column "Questions From Readers", since presaumably the Writing Dep't has to actually read what they write.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ah, the gift of singleness. The gift that just keeps giving!

• out4good3
    out4good3

1) total social retards (can't really blame them too much for that, their religion caused most of the problem) or

2) How do I put this nicely? Ahhhh, screw it - Butt ugly.

Certainly the way I remembered it?

I have one relative who's approaching 30.....never married...never dated......and is annoyed now that her whole congregation is looking for someone for her to marry. While she's as ugly as homemade sin, she has been blessed with the usual social skills of a rock lying in the sun that afflicts most JW kids I know who've grown up a JW.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Everybody knows a single person is worth more in kingdom interests than a non single person. Yes, love is a distraction, but even without it you still don't get a cut of the kingdom interests.

Interest: a charge for the use of credit or borrowed money

-Sab

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I was single by choice... by their choice.

• Glander
    Glander

While I was growing up, marriage and family were subtly discouraged by the WT. The rank and file picked up on this and there was a lot of peer influence to, number one, stay single. But if you can't control your filthy lust, at least for God's sake, don't have children!. The end is near! blah blah.

I can't tell you how many couples gave up the joy of children and gave all their life to the WT. Ray Franz comes to mind as well as an uncle who became a CO. Many more out there, I'm betting you all know of some couples who were childless for the WT.

I know of a very WT ambitious young couple who divorced after several years because the wife grew disgusted with the 'withdraw' method of birthcontrol. And you think the Catholic priesthood requirements is a sick outlook on life.

• cedars
    cedars

The "gift" of singleness may not be GIVEN in a "mysterious way", but it can most certainly be TAKEN in mysterious ways!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxcDTUMLQJI

Cedars

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Cedars:

I always found their articles on singleness very nauseating. They were nothing but an insult to my intelligence.

I suppose they feel that they are making some there feel "special" in some way, but I didn't need this pathetic false flattery.

• minimus
    minimus

The Devil made me single or was it Jehovah God or was it myself? Hmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit