Babylon the Great has fallen!" God's Kingdom rules! (1963)

by BlindersOff1 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Which supports the assertion that the WTS is really a religious publishing house working at its core and the creation of its own sales representatives is the creation of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, self designed to distribute what the WTS. publishes to the public .

You are exactly right, Finkelstein. Just imagine - if you took away the WT literature, there would be no JW religion. The entire religion is based upon WT literature.

Take away the WT literature and poof! - the JW religion disappears.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Magwitch and Finklestein Man, I can so relate! You guys must be oldies, like me. I got rid of all my crap 30 years ago. Turns out now there is a market for it all! Who would have guessed?
  • CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    The Organization was encouraging people to study the Babylon and other books, as late as 1984, according to this quote from Our Kingdom Ministry.

Many have been helped greatly to grow in knowledge and understanding by reading some of the older publications such as “Your Will Be Done on Earth” and the “Mystery” and Babylon books. Ask audience to comment on benefits of reading such older publications. Encourage youths to benefit from such reading. (Our Kingdom Ministry, June 1984, page 2)
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Sept 1963: I received my "Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rules" book at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena too. We studied this Bible study aid (lol and or barf, take your pick!) at our book study group the following year. LoisLane had fallen in love like wise with a worldly boy from school. He was studying and also came to Tuesday and Sunday meetings with me. I knew he didn't believe and was there just for my sake so I had to give him up. His life was so much the better for it because he went on to have a happy and successful career flying military helicopters during Viet Nam, was on a wrestling team, and married a girl who truly loved him with no hidden religious agenda with flip flopping man made up doctrines that are in one year and out the next.

What happened to the "Babylon the Great" book that was studied so intently and never made any sense to anyone? Trashed and you are considered an apostate or trouble maker if you even refer to it.

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit