What do you replace it with?

by konceptual99 64 Replies latest jw friends

• James Brown
    James Brown

You are selling something too.

And you know what it is.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Personal experience thats all I can tell you about.

Thats all anybody can tell you about.

Everything that is written down is someone elses experience.

If you talk about someone elses experience you are just being a parrot.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Never worry about what your going to replace Crap with..

If a dog Craps on your Lawn..

You clean it up and..

Enjoy a Clean Lawn..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• James Brown
    James Brown

By your use of Dude, I can tell you dont know anything about 1975, other than someone elses experience.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Replace it with sex, drugs, heavy metal and kicking ass at whatever it is you are doing.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear King Solomon...

you did say: "you're trying to sell Jesus to a bunch of ex-Jesus salesmen"...you would be implying that these "knew their product".

...and that is why James Brown said:"You guys were not Jesus salesmen. Jehovahs witnesses dont believe Jesus is God."

though you may have thought that you knew all about Jesus because you were a JW, I contend that you didn't know Him at all because the very doctrines that the JW's expouse deny the fullness of His "being"...and those same doctrines also keep witnesses from seeing that they are called into the fullness of His salvation. by designing a false two classes doctrine the witnesses are cut off from incorporating all that Jesus taught into their "faith" AND hope in Him.

love michelle

p.s. there are plenty of people in and out of prison who have had life changing experiences...and it isn't a question of subjective experience per se, as others have been witness to that "life" changing...and glorify God because of it. you can easily dismiss the testimony of millions and millions of people because you didn't perceive that you had an encounter...THAT seems more like subjective experience

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I contend that you didn't know Him at all because the very doctrines that the JW's expouse deny the fullness of His "being"

I contend that you don't know him at all because you never met him, never talked to him and have, at best, a VERY incomplete and contradictory biography of him.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I would suggest that you eliminate any sense of urgency that you may have regarding finding an answer.

This is the best advice on the thread. I tortured myself for years trying to find that stark black and white truth (an overarching explanation for everything) I had been conditioned to accept as necessary when I was a Witness.

The truth is that it does not exist. Anyone saying claiming to have it and saying "follow me" should throw up a red flag.

Take your time. Learn new things. Do not close your mind to alternatives. Learn them all. Life is a journey. Eventually, you will likely find something that resonates with you. However, it is most likely, or perhaps healthiest, that you synthesize all the best things you have found out there into your own personal philosophy.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Jesus completely believed in and endorsed ALL principles found in the Torah, a book where calling it 'amoral' is putting it nicely. The Torah requires genocide, racism, slavery, subjugation of women (male chauvanism) and other miscellaneous human rights abuses and criminal behavior.

How could you NOT know what Jesus believed in? That would be like supporting David Duke because he seems like a cool guy, and overlooking his KKK message....

• James Brown
    James Brown

God is a mystery, his ways are not our ways.

I would think Jesus knew of the Torah, he is called rabbi in the scriptures.. The Torah, the old testament are writings pointing to Jesus.

And it contains rules and regulations that the Jews would not or could not keep.

As far as slavery, there was slavery amongst the Jews which had favorable rules and stipulations, the Jews did

not have prisons like we do today, so they dealt with discretions by becoming indentured. As far as being enslaved under

another system or government Jesus had different recommendations.

But the Jews did not keep the Torah laws and Jesus freed them from the rules, regulations and legalisms of

the Torah.

With Jesus all you have to have is love and faith. Really all you need is faith.

As far as the subjugation of women, that also was part of their culture, and it appears that it is part of Gods

order. It appears to be an earthly thing. On earth we all die and go to heaven and then we are like the angels.

I dont see any sex distinction in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit