My son and Elder janitor

by jam 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    This past week an elderly gentlemanwalk into his office to empty the trash cans.
    Since my son was alone in the office the janitor, (get some witness time).When he begain my son told him he was raised a JW.
    As soon as my son said that he thought, why did I say that.Of course the Elder went crazy. When are you coming back,
    you need to start your study and etc.

I`ve never met you before..

You need to get WatchTarded..

Look at me!..

I`m a Success!

............................. ...OUTLAW

• jam
    jam

Phizzy: So true "the indoctrination has imprisoned the old

boy mind." My younger brother (elder) intelligent, great potential

before becoming A JW.(my fault I brought him in). From age 16yrs

until he retired, A checker and stocker in a supermarket. Turn down

promotions because the end was near.

Smiddy: Closet alcholics. Over half of the brothers I kenw were

closet alcholics.

3rdgn: The elders I hung around, drink like a fish

sir83: It,s funny, I don,t drink anymore. I drink as a JW, because

it was a miserable life, bad marriage, not doing enough and etc.

King Solomon: Yes, If he insist on the prostelyzing he will inform the

company. He made it very clear, nothing to do with JW,s.

Gromit: "as for as an alcohol problem, does this make him a bad person"?

No it doesn,t. The problem here, all know he is a JW. The one true religion,

we walk on water, you walk on filth. We worship the true God, you worship

the devil. If you go around crapping on people like that, well you are

open for criticism.

Wasblind: As soon as the words came out of his mouth he regretted it.

He was raised a JW until the age of 12yrs. He is now 31yrs. old. He told

me he will never admit again he was raised as a JW, it,s an embarrassment.

• steve2
    steve2
    I don't get the issue. If you tell someone who is a JW that you were/are one, how would you expect them to react?

I agree. If you tell meat lovers that your ribs are packed full of juicy meat, they'll salivate and won't to chomp on you. If you want a pathetic JW janitor to leave you alone, don't disclose. I'll say it again: Don't disclose.

No complaint about this janitor preaching is justified. Your son voluntarily disclosed his JW upbringing and sparred with the pathetic janitor.

Posters who suggested your son report the janitor appear desperate to use any justification to get back at JWs. leave the pathetic JW janitor to his miserble, low-paying work. The last thing you want to do is give this pathetic JW janitor a persecution complex.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Lmao

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@outlaw - don't witnesses spend most of their free time bugging people who they don't know about their religion?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"Posters who suggested your son report the janitor appear desperate to use any justification to get back at JWs. leave the pathetic JW janitor to his miserble, low-paying work. The last thing you want to do is give this pathetic JW janitor a persecution complex."

Maybe you missed that the janitor decided to get witnessing time in....

As someone who has real-world management experience and training, all I care about is creating a workplace where my employees can focus on their jobs, not their religious views or anything else that is a distraction. Employers routinely get sued for not protecting the workplace from harassment and discrimination, on the basis of sex, race, or religious beliefs. Easiest fix is to disallow it, then enforce the policy. In fact, the fastest way an employer's assets are likely to be threatened is when an employer is presented with complaints of such behavior, but fails to handle it, leading to a hostile workplace environment. Then other workers sue, for failure to institute or enforce policies. Btw, I could care less about his persecution complex: he's there to do janitoring. He needs to keep his religion to himself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    @outlaw - don't witnesses spend most of their free time bugging people who they don't know about their religion?..GromitSK

Yes the rabid ones go out of their way to preach to anyone and everyone..

They will do it at the most inappropriate times..

It`s embarrassing..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Btw, I could care less about his persecution complex: he's there to do janitoring. He needs to keep his religion to himself.

Fair enough and reasonable points. It makes it all the more important that the son not unintentionally give impression he is okay about the JW janitor preaching on company time.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

About 2 months ago, I ran into some JWs. I was kind of at their district convention; but they walked over to the recreation ice skating rinks attached to the main building. We were all in line to get some food & drink at teh concession stand.

While we were waiting for our food to be made, I said to them, "I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness"

Their eyes jumped with joy

Then, I said, "I am so glad that I am no longer a JW."

Their eyes went stone shocked.

I continued with the main problems in doctrine I had, shunning and blood. They were speechless. One finally got enough courage to muster, "Well, that's your opinion." Then, they walked away.

It's really hard when you're confronting the JWs. My head spinning, palms sweating, etc. But, you feel so alive.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@outlaw - surely most of em do it to some extent, it's a question of degree maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit