No More Conventions! ( For Me)

by EmptyInside 17 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm so relieved not having to go to another convention. I haven't been to one in two,three years,lost track.

So happy not having to sit for all those hours on an uncomfortable chair,listening to boring talks.

I am thrilled not having to clean public toilets in my best clothes. And the sad part about it is,I readily volunteered to clean public toilets,to get out of sitting and listening to boring talks.

I love the fact no more lonely intermissions walking around by myself.

The long drive to and from the convention. All the money wasted on preparations before and during the convention,and money saved not putting in the contribution box.

Every year,everyone would say how wonderful was this year's convention. And I left forgetting what is was all about ,and just depressed.

I feel sorry for those here that are attending,hopefully,next year you can find a reason not to go.

This year,I could care less who knows I'm not attending,and what they think of me.

Also knowing that most of the Witnesses I know, will be out of town the next two weekends,priceless!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Ha! I also have thought in the past couple years when the convention was on & I knew that all the dubs were out of town..."wow this is what a world without JWs is like...aah sweet relief"

CHG

• loosie
    loosie

I think I took my kids to one convention when they were about 1 and 2 yrs old. I never went to another convention... its just to much work with little ones. So I guess having my daughter helped me out of the "truth"....lol I always knew she was a blessing from somewhere.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes,loosie,I can only imagine how difficult it is for families with small kids. I don't know how the parents get anything out of the convention.

But,at least it's a good excuse to walk around to quiet a small toddler.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

They all talk about how wonderful the convention is, but when you ask what really stood out to them, they hem and haw. Last time I asked my mom that, she said, "Hmm, um, well... They really brought out how close the end is!" Really, how different from the rest of the meetings you go to.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

This is my first conventionless year. So sweet!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I attended last the DC convention ever in 1988, Fresno CA. I was about to return to design school and my mother talked me into going with her and my grandmother. It was one of her last ditch efforts to show me what I would be missing. Oh yeah sitting in a stuffy convention center in the middle of nowhere, around people I don't really want to know, barely listening to boring talks drone on, being snubbed by relatives and their friends who have been gossiping behind my back. Oh I so miss that tripe...not!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You can always download selected doses of Mind Kontrol TM if you need a little dose to remind you why you don't need it.

• cedars
    cedars

This was my second conventionless year. Haven't missed it one bit!

Cedars

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

All of you missing such fine spiritual refreshment and insight!?!?!?!

These conventions are a joke....same thing every year....and ofcourse, the folks at the Khall say "this is the best convention ever & it could be the last one before the Big A"....

I only went one of the three days just for the heck of it and because I knew a few people that would be there and would be reporting back to my parents...

Kool Jo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit