2012 Our Kingdom Ministry, October!

by Atlantis 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• j dubb
    j dubb

Actually, guys, I think they are quoting from scholar A.E. Bailey's book "Daily Life in Bible Times," not the childrens book somebody linked to.

The best full quote I could find is “Paul’s general practice was to work at his trade from sunrise to 11 a.m., . . . then from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to preach in the hall, . . . and then lastly to make a house to house evangelistic canvass that lasted from 4 p.m. to far in the night.”

(sir82 seems to have beat me to posting about this)

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

BINGO!

*** w61 8/15 p. 503 “From House to House” ***
    Of interest here is the reference to Paul’s ministry by A. E. Bailey, in Daily Life in Bible Times: “Paul’s general practice was to work at his trade from sunrise to 11 a.m., . . . then from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to preach in the hall, . . . and then lastly to make a house to house evangelistic canvass that lasted from 4 p.m. to far in the night.”

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Can You Open Your Home?

If you think that your home is suitable, by all means make this known to the elders. They may be looking for additional locations. If it is not possible to have a book study in your home, could meetings for field service be held there? Even if there is not a need at the present time, the elders will appreciate knowing that your home is available. You may enjoy the privilege in the future.

Our Kingdom Ministry, 2/03 p. 1 par. 3

No one wants their home messed up anymore. Especially elders and their wives.

Now they want your humble abode to be messed up and call it a privilege.

• sir82
    sir82

Ha! I knew it!

Service Department honcho: "Brother Lackey, do some research and find me a quote I can use about 'evening witnessing' that I can plug into the KM article I am writing."

Brother Lackey: <Fetches WT-CD and pops it into his laptop> Click-click-clickety-click. "Aha - found something!"

Brother Lackey thinks to himself "I am a world-classs researcher..."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So did the author of that book discover Paul's datebook or iPad. How was he able to come up with his information on Paul's daily schedule?

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Billy, it took a while to figure out his password, they kept trying variations of "607" but it was actually "587".

• EndofMysteries
  • Londo111
    Londo111

http://forums.planet-tonga.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32541&start=30

The A. E. Bailey quote was quoted in the All Scripture Inspired book as well. Of course, did house-to-house mean door-to-door in the same manner JWs do it? Or did it mean visiting the houses of believers? I believe the latter.

• Scott77
    Scott77

You know what gets me? If any of the rank and file should, on their own, read a book such as Daily Life in Bible Times, to help them better understand the Bible, then they would be hogtied and hanged for reading 'apostate' material.

The Service Committee and GB can read all sorts of non-WT material... but God help the low-class Witness who wants to expand his knowlege of the Bible by reading something outside the WT Library. Forbidden!

Hypocrisy... that's all it is! Grrrrrrrrr!

Darth Rutherford

Amen

Scott77

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, but what about the scripture that describes how the early Christians met in private homes to discuss the literature on offer that morning before embarking on the door-to-door work? Where in the Bible is that you ask? Let me think.... Sorry, I've just confused the Kingdom Ministry for the Bible...again. Stop your questioning and just do it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit