Jehovah's Witness Governing Body Member, Guy Pierce. Can anyone give me the back story? Any interesting info?

by Balaamsass 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Members of the Governing Body are "Public Figures", so I used a full name. I am doing a research project. Did anyone know him or his first wife?

Date of birth? Full name? Degree at BYU ?

Places he served? States? Bethel Dept ?

Inquisitive minds want to know.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I can tell you that in the mid-1980's he served Nevada Circuit No. 1, which is (or was then) all of northern Nevada including Reno. His wife's name was Penny.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Degree at BYU????

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

BYU- a good MORMAN college.

The Ass

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Dealt with him a bit at a convention. He was definitely "in control" of things (short man complex?). He had a brief conversation with me and a c.o. about being in the construction business (he mentioned California and Hawaii it think, it's been a few years so don't quote me!)and that holding on to tools was not materialism, just common sense. Of course, at the time, I was happy to hear that since I like to buy tools!!! My impression was typical high muckymuck jw style. Great "guy" if he likes you, nightmare if he doesn't. Apparently, he was ok with me because he invited me to interview Bethel applicants, which I was told was usually held out for Bethel or former Bethel elders(not me!). Yay!!!! The invitation was "YOU... come with me...". Very not "humble". But he was nice to me... so I was ok with him!!!

Queequeg

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Does anyone know how to contact his first wife?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Age when Current
    AppointedYearsAppointedBornAgeMarriedDivorcedChildren Notes
    Guy H. Pierce19991364193477 Remarried?Yes? w2000 1/1 29

====================================================================

Barbara Anderson knows some dirt on him, but is holding back on revealing it until the right time. Here are some things she shared in a previous thread

Re: What sort of person is GB member Guy Pierce?

The following statement is misleading: "Guy Pierce raised a family and then with his wife started pioneering in April 1982. He served as a circuit overseer from 1986 until 1997, when he and his wife, Penny ..."

I was told that Penny, an Asian woman, is Pierce's second wife and that's the wife he started to pioneer with in April 1982. His first marriage ended in a bitter divorce. Pierce had to appear before a judicial committee because of accusations made by his wife which the committee counseled him for, but no action was taken against him. I know some of the details but prefer not to air them because there are two sides to every story. I don't know how many children Pierce has and don't know if any of his first family are, any longer, JWs. If what I write is monitored by anybody in Bethel it is my hope that someone will remind Guy that nothing in this group remains secret forever, especially since so many elders are leaving the organization that know what went on in committee hearings and are beginning to share the secrets.

In my article, "Discoveries of Barbara Anderson," http://www.freeminds.org/organization/barbara-anderson/the-discoveries-of-barbara-anderson.html, I said the following:

"Within the inner sanctums of congregations and circuits, dirty little secrets continued, and, for some unknown reason, protection of abusers was business as usual. One particularly nasty secret concerned personal instructions sent out in 1992 from one of the Governing Body members, who Harry was certain was Ted Jaracz, to a few very well-known circuit and district overseers to meet with and compel abuse victims to remain silent about their abuse or be disfellowshipped. In Harry Peloyan’s office in 1994, I, along with my husband, Joe, thumbed through a file folder full of complaining letters, which came to headquarters from across the country about the situation. Interestingly, the name of one intimidating circuit representative mentioned frequently in those letters is now a member of the Governing Body."

I've identified that circuit overseer in other articles or blogs as Guy Pierce, who was called into Bethel by Jaracz when too many complaints came into Bethel about his participation in the persecution of child abuse victims. Pierce was assigned to the Service Department where he was scrutinized to see if he was 100% a company man and remained there until being appointed one of the GB.

====================================================================

Please let us know whatever else you can find. It's really disturbing how little can be found out about these guys!
  • blondie
    blondie
    Guy H. Pierce (1934-)

Guy and his wife, Penny, started working as pioneers in April 1982, after they raised their children.

Between 1986 and 1997, Pierce was circuit overseer (in the U.S.A.?)

In 1997 Pierce and his wife were invited to come to the Brooklyn Bethel, where he worked as assistant of the Personal Committee.

On October 2, 1999, Guy Pierce was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/notes-on-governing-body-of-jehovahs.html

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/206074/1/What-sort-of-person-is-GB-member-Guy-Pierce

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He looks like Grandpa Munster.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Digging around for some old Rap sheets to verify rumors. Multi state is an expensive search. OLD stuff is not all computerized and will require a physical search.

This may tie some loose ends together regarding actions of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit